Ozzie Guillen

aboz56

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:53 AM)
So blame the players for playing horribly.

Again, I understand that Ozzie is partly to blame, but he doesnt deserve all of it.

A lot of these games have been lost by the pitching either being left in too long, or questionable choices of relievers. It would be awful if the Sox missed out on the playoffs. But I think the best way they could try and salvage things would be if they fired Ozzie. I know you're a big Ozzie fan....but look around. 90 pct of Sox fans can't stand him, and the other 10 will turn on him also if they choke.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
Is there something wrong with that?

Yes. There is something wrong with it. You might not believe it, but Ozzie got the team to where it is today (FIRST PLACE IN THE AL IF YOU FORGOT), and despite some poor decisions in games, he is not the only one to blame.

1. Rowand bunt in the 6th inning?

2. A.J having Jenks throw a fast ball on a 1-2 pitch to Boone.

3. Martr should have never seen that game.

4. Either Dye bunts again after the first attempt or he starts the bat off swinging OR get SOMEONE IN THEIR THAT CAN LAY DOWN A BUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Please start NOW figuring who will play 3B next year so we dont have to watch Crede swing and miss another 2 strike slider.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
I'm sick and tired of the match ups. It's been killing ozzie.

And the team. Any time he is bringing marte in pressure situations, marte wets the bed and walks the entire effing team until ozzie realizes to take his ass out. I have a lot of venting i need to do.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
I blame the players just as much as Ozzie.  Is it Ozzie's fault that Marte can't throw strikes?  Is it Ozzie's fault that Jenks gave Boone a perfect pitch to hit?  Yes, Ozzie could have managed the matchups better, but its the pitchers fault just as much as his.

of course the players are always to blame for a loss. but ozzie is the "manager" of the team.. he sent in the guys who he "thought" were good for the matchups. he has to wake up and realize that most pitchers can pitch against righties and lefties.. why not bring politte instead of a crappy marte? amazing.. :banghead :banghead :banghead

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:56 AM)
Yes.  There is something wrong with it.  You might not believe it, but Ozzie got the team to where it is today (FIRST PLACE IN THE AL IF YOU FORGOT), and despite some poor decisions in games, he is not the only one to blame.

It's a 162 game season.

QUOTE(bogie @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
5. Please start NOW figuring who will play 3B next year so we dont have to watch Crede swing and miss another 2 strike slider.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

You forget so quickly that Crede started the rally which got the Sox on the board with the RBI single, eh?

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
Yes.  There is something wrong with it.  You might not believe it, but Ozzie got the team to where it is today (FIRST PLACE IN THE AL IF YOU FORGOT), and despite some poor decisions in games, he is not the only one to blame.

Sox had the best pitching in all of baseball for the first half. Now much you have to do right to look like a genius ( in the eyes of many sox fans and the media).

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
First off, he brings in Damaso Marte to protect a lead?

Is this the same guy that quit on the team just over a week or so ago?

Please explain this to me, someone.

Second, after Ozuna gives us another chance, he lets Jermaine Dye hit when we needed to get the runner to 3rd.  Where are Harris or Timo to lay down the bunt?

Then we need to hold a one run defecit and we bring in Hermanson?  Where the hell is Politte?

Ozzie, thanks for helping out to piss the season away.

When Eric Wedge wins AL Manager of the year, we'll all know why.  You'll never be mistaken for a genius.  In fact you are a moron. You've proved it time and time again.

What pisses me off, is that he goes out and talks bad about marte puts him in his dog house marte comes back after being a wuss and he goes and trusts him. Huh!! f*** that, he'd be a mop up guy for me. And it's 12 here so i'm officially outta my 20's and now 30 :puke

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
So he should be automatically rewarded with another year on the team? Do you hear yourself think?

I didnt say that.

I simply said that people seem to ignore the good things people do and concentrate on the bad things.

QUOTE(bogie @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
1. Rowand bunt in the 6th inning?

2. A.J having Jenks throw a fast ball on a 1-2 pitch to Boone.

3. Martr should have never seen that game.

4. Either Dye bunts again after the first attempt or he starts the bat off swinging OR get SOMEONE IN THEIR THAT CAN LAY DOWN A BUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

It's ok to throw the fastball, if it would have been a high one. Boone would never have caught up to it

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:00 AM)
You forget so quickly that Crede started the rally which got the Sox on the board with the RBI single, eh?

Yeah your right- we can't do without a .235 hitting third basemen. I can name 15 other third basemens i would rather have.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:52 AM)
I'm pretty sure this was the 12th game the Sox have lost when leading going into the 7th inning.  With the success so many of our guys in the pen have had this year, that number is way too f***ing high.

second best bp ERA in the AL....there are two BP arms with ERA's above the team average...and they both made appearances tonight, one of which cost us the game. unreal.

QUOTE(bogie @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
Yeah your right- we can't do without a .235 hitting third basemen. I can name 15 other third basemens i would rather have.

How about a 3b who's hitting .435 in September with a 1.311 OPS? Can you do without that?

If you want to badmouth Crede, at least do it when he's struggling.

Ozzie has been managing "by the book" too much lately.

Hawk used to always kiss his ass by talking about the reason why Ozzie gets so much flack from guys like Brantley is because he doesn't do what most managers are expected to do.

These lefty-righty matchups are getting extremely out of hand. Look at what RH do against Cotts, or LH do against Jenks. What ever happened to Cliff and Neal each pitching one inning no matter if an opposite handed batter was up?

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
How about a 3b who's hitting .435 in September with a 1.311 OPS?  Can you do without that?

If you want to badmouth Crede, at least do it when he's struggling.

WOW .435 In september.. WHere have you been Mr. Crede.... :bang