Ozzie Guillen

aboz56

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Maybe this collapse is some sort of master plan to get in as the Wild Card seeing how the last three champs were the Wildcard winners or maybe this team really does suck.

The other day I posted that this will be The Hawks stance soon, maybe after the 3rd inning tomorrow win the tribe is up by 5 runs

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Sad part about tonight, it's probably not one of his worst botched games of the year.

He's probably had a few others that have been worse.

It's like a bad record that just keeps on skipping over and over and over again.

It was easy to dismiss Guillen's odd managerial decisions when this club was 15 games ahead of Cleveland in the Central Division. Now, when games have more meaning, his foolish moves no longer hold immunity.

What aggrivated me about this latest debacle is it appeared Guillen left Marte out to regain his confidence rather than concern himself with winning a ballgame.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I can make a positive post Santo.

I don't hate Oz; I still like him and think without him we wouldn't have built the 15 game lead. The guys played for him whereas they didn't for some of our other zombie managers.

I love Paulie turning in another big season.

I loved what Hermy did when he was healthy. Without him we never build that big lead.

I love the way Iguchi contributed this year in his first here.

I still like Crede and the way he's played well since coming back.

I hate our bench; really am not big on Timo, Blum, Ozuna.

Am down on Freddie for sucking when he's supposed to be a big time

pitcher.

I am positive a lot.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
I can make a positive post Santo.

I don't hate Oz; I still like him and think without him we wouldn't have built the 15 game lead. The guys played for him whereas they didn't for some of our other zombie managers.

I love Paulie turning in another big season.

I loved what Hermy did when he was healthy. Without  him we never build that big lead.

I love the way Iguchi contributed this year in his first here.

I still like Crede and the way he's played well since coming back.

I hate our bench; really am not big on Timo, Blum, Ozuna.

Am down on Freddie for sucking when he's supposed to be a big time

pitcher.

I am positive a lot.

You know what all of that is gonna get us unless we find our sack and play some baseball?!?! A f***ing tee time. Thats what its gonna get us.

Well for one, I didn't expect to sweep them this series although I do expect the sox to take at least 2. Tomorrow is another big game like todays, I don't think their gonna give up from here on out because they lost today.

Tomorrow is Buehrle's job to shut them down, hopefully we can put up an early lead and keep adding to it. Even though they lost I think they gained a lot more confidence in themselves at the plate, everyone did a good job besides that lead off double that wasn't scored.

Now if we lose tomorrow then it's not good at all, I pray that they all go ready to win and ozzie doesn't do anything stupid again.

:gosoxretro: :headbang

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
I pray that they all go ready to win and ozzie doesn't do anything stupid again.

You're going to need a miracle.

The smart thing for him would be to let someone else, who knows what they are doing, make the decisions.

The guy could get outmanaged by a first year teeball coach.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
In the ninth Crede made an out then to the top of the order.. I though how clutch is Pods he gets a hit then comes mr clutch, iguchi strikes out and Paulie does what he does best pops out.  Is there a stat  that would mean  pop out at crucial time.  I think he would lead the lead.. Give KOnerko a rest play Gload.

Konerko's been our best hitter in the 2nd half of the season. No way you sit him.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
You're going to need a miracle.

The smart thing for him would be to let someone else, who knows what they are doing, make the decisions.

The guy could get outmanaged by a first year teeball coach.

Would you prefer the Jerry Manuel era again Alex?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
Would you prefer the Jerry Manuel era again Alex?

I'd prefer not to have a dips*** for a manager who puts in a reliever who essentially quit on the team into the game with the season on the line.... There is no way to explain why Jizz or Marte were ever used. Hell I would have left in Cotts. The guy has a .43 era since the all-star break. He's given up one run in that span. ONE! He can get out righties and lefties. He used to be a starter. Is it a sin to let him pitch to more than a batter or two?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
I'd prefer not to have a dips*** for a manager who puts in a reliever who essentially quit on the team into the game with the season on the line....  There is no way to explain why Jizz or Marte were ever used.  Hell I would have left in Cotts.  The guy has a .43 era since the all-star break.  He's given up one run in that span.  He can get out righties and lefties.  He used to be a starter.  Is is a sin to let him pitch to more than a batter or two?

man Aboz, I can not agree with you more about Cotts starting that inning and then having Cliff ready to back him up, they have been the most solid out of the bullpen and Oz just ignored one and limited the other, it was truly sad

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
I'd prefer not to have a dips*** for a manager who puts in a reliever who essentially quit on the team into the game with the season on the line....  There is no way to explain why Jizz or Marte were ever used.  Hell I would have left in Cotts.  The guy has a .43 era since the all-star break.  He's given up one run in that span.  He can get out righties and lefties.  He used to be a starter.  Is is a sin to let him pitch to more than a batter or two?

Not letting Cotts pitch is one of the many stupid moves Ozzie makes over and over, I also don't understand why he only pitches him 1/3 or 2/3 of an inning at a time when hes been the best pitcher in the bullpen since the break.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
I'd prefer not to have a dips*** for a manager who puts in a reliever who essentially quit on the team into the game with the season on the line....  There is no way to explain why Jizz or Marte were ever used.  Hell I would have left in Cotts.  The guy has a .43 era since the all-star break.  He's given up one run in that span.  ONE! He can get out righties and lefties.  He used to be a starter.  Is it a sin to let him pitch to more than a batter or two?

Only way he gets left in is if he is ambidextrous.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
Not letting Cotts pitch is one of the many stupid moves Ozzie makes over and over, I also don't understand why he only pitches him 1/3 or 2/3 of an inning at a time when hes been the best pitcher in the bullpen since the break.

Yet Marte remains our LH "ace" in the pen.

What else does Cotts have to do?

Hell I was a huge Cotts basher earlier in the year, but I have seen the light on this guy. He might be the best thing we have going in the pen, period.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
I'd prefer not to have a dips*** for a manager who puts in a reliever who essentially quit on the team into the game with the season on the line.... 

MY POINT EXACTLY.

MARTE WOULD BE A MOP UP GUY RIGHT NOW FOR ME

Ozzie is an idiot. How does a guy go from being kicked off the team to entering every game? What does he have against Cotts facing right handed hitters? Has he bothered to check the numbers? Ozzie was in over his head when he got the job and the way he handles the pitching staff proves it. They are going to win 90 something games this year and they just gave him an ill advised extension, so he won't get waxed. What they need to do, besides telling him its really a good idea to have guys who can hit up and down the line-up, especially in the AL, is privately push out Harold Baines. There has been rumors he really doesn't like the bench coach position, make it good for him to do something else, and bring in a guy like Jim Leyland, who probably won't be available, but might, or another older successful former manager who maybe can teach Ozzie how to manage a pitching staff. As long as things remain status quo in that area, so will the White Sox World Series appearances. Disgusting today.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
Ozzie is an idiot. How does a guy go from being kicked off the team to entering every game? What does he have against Cotts facing right handed hitters? Has he bothered to check the numbers? Ozzie was in over his head when he got the job and the way he handles the pitching staff proves it. They are going to win 90 something games this year and they just gave him an ill advised extension, so he won't get waxed. What they need to do, besides telling him its really a good idea to have guys who can hit up and down the line-up, especially in the AL, is privately push out Harold Baines. There has been rumors he really doesn't like the bench coach position, make it good for him to do something else, and bring in a guy like Jim Leyland, who probably won't be available, but might, or another older successful former manager who maybe can teach Ozzie how to manage a pitching staff. As long as things remain status quo in that area, so will the White Sox World Series appearances. Disgusting today.

Follow that up with a nice F*$K you Ozzie and you'll be at 4,000 posts.

Well I wasted my time and money going to this f***ed up game.

The first prize was sitting in front of a few indians fans, 3 teenage boys and their mother. The mother was the problem. She was so f***ing annoying.

Then I watch Freddy s*** the bed. Big pitcher for big games my ass. Every pitch was up in the zone, and he was behind every batter. f***up number one is when Ozzie lets Freddy start an inning off later in the game after throwing over 100 pitches and just giving up a dong to hafner a few innings before. They were hitting line drives all over.

I couldnt believe he used Jizzcan over Politte. That was f***up number one. Then he brings in marte. The annoying lady off course informed her kids, this guy has mental problems and cant throw strikes.

Marte then s***s the bed. He has not been able to get lefties out at all this year. So ozzie lets him walk one, then give up a double and then leaves him in. Ozzie has no clue.

Why is cotts not being used as the primary setup lefty. No we have the mental case doing this. Cotts at least gives you a shot.

Why is Jizzcan in as our primary setup righty. What happened to politte.