Williams' sons arrested

Mr. Showtime

Chicago Tribune:

Two sons of general manager Ken Williams were arrested early Saturday in Durham, N.C., and charged with stealing items from two cars.

Dedrick Williams, 21, and Ken Williams Jr., 16, were each charged with two counts of breaking and entering a motor vehicle and larceny, and one count of possessing stolen goods, according to police records.

They were released to their father's custody, according to the Durham County Jail booking office, and have a court date scheduled for Monday.

Williams declined to comment, other than to say, "It was a misunderstanding."

He would not elaborate. The family has been in North Carolina for the graduation of Williams' daughter, Temeka, from Duke University.

According to warrants obtained by the Raleigh News and Observer, a credit card and student ID card were stolen from a woman's Saab, and a stereo, cell-phone jack and stereo face plate were stolen from a Honda Accord. Officials say the brothers were carrying those items when Durham police arrested them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wsc425

KW Briefing

'Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth. My sons are in jail, as I will step down as GM of the Chicago White Sox.'

I know his 16 year old son personally.

Chicago Tribune:

Two sons of general manager Ken Williams were arrested early Saturday in Durham, N.C., and charged with stealing items from two cars.

Dedrick Williams, 21, and Ken Williams Jr., 16, were each charged with two counts of breaking and entering a motor vehicle and larceny, and one count of possessing stolen goods, according to police records.

They were released to their father's custody, according to the Durham County Jail booking office, and have a court date scheduled for Monday.

Williams declined to comment, other than to say, "It was a misunderstanding."

He would not elaborate. The family has been in North Carolina for the graduation of Williams' daughter, Temeka, from Duke University.

According to warrants obtained by the Raleigh News and Observer, a credit card and student ID card were stolen from a woman's Saab, and a stereo, cell-phone jack and stereo face plate were stolen from a Honda Accord. Officials say the brothers were carrying those items when Durham police arrested them.

It is always an misunderstanding with ANY Williams, they never take responsiblity for there actions , like father, like SONS :lol:

Weird conspiracy theory here, but it may be true.

Do you suppose KW asked his sons to do this?

no - way too many things we don't know and may never know - he could have criminal sons who have been in trouble before and this is nothing new, or maybe kids acting out after learning dad was getting firrd, or maybe they have a friend's stuff and there was a fight between friends and this is pay back, the KW kids could be innocent, who the hell knows - we never will - too many possibilities to conjecture-

just interesting timing

I am taking a moment to reflect how sad this is for the Williams family, and how sad it is for the boys who, if in fact guilty, have tossed away some bright futures for a moment of idiocy and stupidity -

moment of compassion over -

now back to the thead...

I am taking a moment to reflect how sad this is for the Williams family, and how sad it is for the boys who, if in fact guilty, have tossed away some bright futures for a moment of idiocy and stupidity -

now back to the thead...

Young people who ruin their lives by doing stupid stuff like this likely didn't have bright futures ahead of them anyway, so they might as well break the law at a young age and end up behind bars where they belong.

now back to the thead...

Young people who ruin their lives by doing stupid stuff like this likely didn't have bright futures ahead of them anyway, so they might as well break the law at a young age and end up behind bars where they belong.

that's not so true. I know a lot of kids that were f*** ups growing up and turned it around when they had to make it for themselves.

I had my days of trouble, never got caught ripping anything off, but young kids do stupid s***. It's up to them to grow out of it. Some do, some dont.

All I'm going to say is this really stinks for Kenny. He does seem like an honest good guy and I think this probably gets to him quite a bit. I hope he can get his kids straightened out and I don't want him to push the blame on someone else, too many parents do that. Put the blame squarely on the shoulders where it belongs, and thats your kids.

now back to the thead...

you ever actually read the book of Jonah?

You remind me so much of Jonah before he got informed on the nature of grace and compassion -

I want to be around the day your vine dies -

This an issue for the Williams family to deal with and not us as Sox fans. No matter our feelings about KW we should be thankful it's not one of us having to face the issue with our children. I have been there before dealing with issues of my children and I can feel for KW and his wife. One thing is the young man who is 21 years old. He is responsible for his actions and he alone, not his father. The 16 year old is another matter. This is not the issue to be using to make comments about KW and his ability or inability to run the Sox. If he wasn't a prominent sports figure we wouldn't have heard a thing about this issue.

This an issue for the Williams family to deal with and not us as Sox fans. No matter our feelings about KW we should be thankful it's not one of us having to face the issue with our children. I have been there before dealing with issues of my children and I can feel for KW and his wife. One thing is the young man who is 21 years old. He is responsible for his actions and he alone, not his father. The 16 year old is another matter. This is not the issue to be using to make comments about KW and his ability or inability to run the Sox. If he wasn't a prominent sports figure we wouldn't have heard a thing about this issue.

good post -

now back to the thead...

you ever actually read the book of Jonah?

You remind me so much of Jonah before he got informed on the nature of grace and compassion -

I want to be around the day your vine dies -

The crimes they were arrested for are not simple "mistakes". They are CRITICAL lapses in judgement that good people simply do not have.

Please explain the vine dying statement. I do not know what that means.

Stealing a Car radio is a big difference then teapeaing someones house or whatever mischievious things most kids do when they are younger.

That being said they didn't murder anything and they can still be straightened out and I hope they are.

KW Briefing

'Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth. My sons are in jail, as I will step down as GM of the Chicago White Sox.'

I know his 16 year old son personally.

if you know his son personally, are they that type that steals and breaks in? what is the take on them.

now back to the thead...

that is an assine thought. kids do stupid thing and then they grow up. with the 16 yr old his record will get clean up after he becomes an adult. the older may learn an important lesson here.

The crimes they were arrested for are not simple "mistakes".  They are CRITICAL lapses in judgement that good people simply do not have.

Please explain the vine dying statement.  I do not know what that means.

You have the veggie tale Jonah as your avatar - read the book of Jonah.

Your distinctions between "good" people and others is something not supportable by the book of Jonah or the other books in which Jonah is normally contained. Nor by psychology, nor by real life.