Twins vs White Sox 9-22 Official Gamethread

southsideirish71

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
I said that they shouldn't take that type of talk so personally.  You'd think they were afraid that their families were going to get ripped in the press, etc.  Please don't question how much I root for the Sox.

Everybody on here roots for the sox a lot, but with this recent play i am ashamed to do so.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 03:19 AM)
Fathom is the pessimist and felix is the optimist. It's good to see that fathom has a new sparring partner now that rowad44 is gone.

Rowand44 and I were getting along well. I have no problem with the optimistic posters on this site AT ALL! I just feel like I'm getting picked on a little too much now because of the punching bag syndrome. But don't worry, I'm not like Ozzie. I won't b**** about it in the paper.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
Like who, Griffey?  The 35 year old who would take up the entire payroll and sit on the DL?  He's a piece of s*** player and his career is over.

Who knows if Griffey would have gotten hurt if he was traded here. Things could be a lot different.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
Like who, Griffey?  The 35 year old who would take up the entire payroll and sit on the DL?  He's a piece of s*** player and his career is over.

Now you're just being stupid...Sox player or not isn't that an attack against a player?

:headshake That's about as stupid as a comment as you will ever see on soxtalk and that is saying a lot.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
I said that they shouldn't take that type of talk so personally.  You'd think they were afraid that their families were going to get ripped in the press, etc.  Please don't question how much I root for the Sox.

I'll tell you fathom, publicly, right here and right now.

Every time you bash this team, and say they are not going to make the playoffs, you turn around and say "please don't question how much I root for the Sox".

f*** that. You know, if you did, you'd say something positive once in a while. 95% of your posts are about what is wrong... but we're supposed to believe that you're all Sox, all the time?

I have trouble with that, and I know others do, which is what gets us into these conversations.

I *WILL* question you based on your history here. Sorry, but that's the truth, and I'm just calling it as I see it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
Rowand44 and I were getting along well.  I have no problem with the optimistic posters on this site AT ALL!  I just feel like I'm getting picked on a little too much now because of the punching bag syndrome.  But don't worry, I'm not like Ozzie.  I won't b**** about it in the paper.

Or throw up.

There was more than just big names and KW did a s*** job to get anyone and it may be the downfall of 2005. No one can tell me G.Blum was only guy Sox could get in entire MLB BULLs***!