Twins vs White Sox 9-22 Official Gamethread

southsideirish71

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Just wanted to say f*** YOU to KW for not getting us reinforcements during the deadlines. You once again fail to reach the post season. What a disaster this season has turned out to be. Do you guys think Cleveland will lose 1 game vs KC? I think not. Can we win 3 in a row vs Minny? I think not. 2 if we are lucky. We will either be up .5 after this series, or down .5 after this series. Hell i dont think Cleveland will lose any more this season. And Hell i don't think we will win AT ALL the rest of the season. Up 15 games at August 1st down to 1.5 games at September 22nd. puke:

Before f***ing KW, do you really want to lose BMAC for a good hitter? Do you really think that adding that hitter will take the White Sox to a WS? I am very much as frustrated and disappointed as anyone else on this board. Perhaps, it's not meant to be!

Don't give up yet! 10 games left with 1.5 games up on the Indians and 3 on Boston. At this point in time, I just want the White Sox to make the postseason to get rid of that "choked" label. Once they are in, with the way they are playing right now, they will be eliminated 1 round! That's the sad fact!

They need to majory fix this f***ing offense. We had the best record in baseball in the first half, and it hid the fact our pitching staff was out of their world and our offense blew dog.

Watching Uribe with some of the most pathetic swings I have seen in a bases loaded situation since Valentin. There was no way in this world he was just trying to make contact. Everett needs to rest, and he should not be on this team next year. He is old and over. Thanks Dye for your beautiful pop ups.

All we needed is a f***ing base hit or a fly ball. Again we like we have all season long, left the bases loaded with less than 2 outs.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
He's taking a break for a couple of days.  Drop it now, ok?

I haven't seen him on lately so i asked where he was. He is usaully a regular poster here and i haven't seen many posts from him lately. I don't see a big problem with that.

Edited by sayitaintso

Atleast Hawk and DJ are starting to lay into the Sox and Ozzie (specifically the all rightie lineup tonight)

I agree with you, they sure are.

Their criticism has been very direct, and very pointed.

DJ in particular, but Harrelson has not shied away from criticizing either. I like it, they are restrained but they are telling it like it is ... and they know the game.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)

DJ in particular, but Harrelson has not shied away from criticizing either.  I like it, they are restrained but they are telling it like it is ... and they know the game.

You could hear it in Hawks voice when the sox didn't score in the 9th that he was super pissed.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
I'll tell you fathom, publicly, right here and right now.

Every time you bash this team, and say they are not going to make the playoffs, you turn around and say "please don't question how much I root for the Sox".

f*** that.  You know, if you did, you'd say something positive once in a while.  95% of your posts are about what is wrong... but we're supposed to believe that you're all Sox, all the time?

I have trouble with that, and I know others do, which is what gets us into these conversations.

I *WILL* question you based on your history here.  Sorry, but that's the truth, and I'm just calling it as I see it.

That is what's wrong with so many peoples on this board. Whine, b****, moan, groan. That's all you hear coming out of their mouth! Why can't you negative minds at least support this team when we are so close to the postseason. I know what's in your mind, "So close but yet so far!"

At least the White Sox have the opportunity this year to control their destiny, which they didn't have at all eversince 2000. I was very much down after tonight game. What hurt me the most is Santana did not beat us today. We had several chances to win this game, especially the Bases Loaded With 1 Out situation, and we can't even bring one run in!

Regardless of the outcome, it has been such a fun ride for me this year though.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)

DJ in particular, but Harrelson has not shied away from criticizing either.  I like it, they are restrained but they are telling it like it is ... and they know the game.

yeah, i think they tried to play good soldiers for a long time, but now it's getting to a point where they are embarassing themselves if they make the same excuses.

DJ is right, their destiny is till in their hands with 1.5 lead (2 in the loss column) and a 3 game lead in the WC, and I hope he keeps saying it, because IMO it's the best criticisim of this team right now... yes Cleveland is playing AWESOME, but if the Sox played a little above average they would still have a good sized lead in the division

He (DJ) has been saying they need to get their swagger back.

For as dumb and lousy as many on this board say he is, my take is he's been dead on right for basically the entire year.

The way they were analyzing in the 8th thru 11th was the very best part of this debacle.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
He (DJ) has been saying they need to get their swagger back.

For as dumb and lousy as many on this board say he is, my take is he's been dead on right for basically the entire year.

The way they were analyzing in the 8th thru 11th was the very best part of this debacle.

I agree, for as much as people say DJ sucks as an announcer, he does know what he is talking about. baseballwise.

Edited by sayitaintso

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)

That is one of the reasons the sox grew tired of harey carey. He would rip into players/ managers/ bench coaches... whoever... if it was warranted. I would rather see more commentators express themselves how the fans feel than be like hawk and d.j ( 98.6% of the time).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 03:26 AM)

Every time you bash this team, and say they are not going to make the playoffs, you turn around and say "please don't question how much I root for the Sox".

f*** that.  You know, if you did, you'd say something positive once in a while.  95% of your posts are about what is wrong... but we're supposed to believe that you're all Sox, all the time?

I have trouble with that, and I know others do, which is what gets us into these conversations.

I *WILL* question you based on your history here.  Sorry, but that's the truth, and I'm just calling it as I see it.

When good things happen, I say "way to go, etc." If this was soxcheerleading.com, I'd take on a different tone. Since it's soxtalk.com, I felt like I could post how I feel about things. I've made no secret all year that I hate Ozzie, and didn't think that this season was going to end up well.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 03:58 AM)
I just got back in the game, can someone tell me why Widger wasn't pinch run for with a guy who could steal second in the 8th. The run would have scored on Crede's single.

How so? I didn't see the play, but wasn't Widger on first base? And BTW, I thought also that Widger should have been pinch ran for. Someone needs to tell Ozzie we have an extended bench.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)

I'm getting tired of people laying into fathom and questioning his loyalty to the Sox. First off, if he wasn't a Sox fan he wouldn't have over 10,000 posts on a whitesox message board. The guy is a fan,and a very knowlegable one at that. Jerry Reinsdorf was on Channel 11 several months ago, and he stated he always thought negatively about things when they went wrong, and I don't think you could question his loyalty. He was going nuts tonight when the Sox failed to capitalize on their chances, and when they eventually blew it. John Paxson was in is box and when Jones ripped the 2 run double to make it 4-1, he knew JR well enough to start heading home. Fathom is the same way, as are many others including myself. Anyway, my point is if you don't like what fathom has to say, put him on ignore, it will only be your loss.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
How so?  I didn't see the play, but wasn't Widger on first base?  And BTW, I thought also that Widger should have been pinch ran for.  Someone needs to tell Ozzie we have an extended bench.

I'm thinking a pinch runner who is going to steal second. If he's thrown out, Crede with 5 career walk off homers is leading off the ninth.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
nice thing is that ny yankees are going to go with the horses against boston at year end just to make sure they don't make the playoffs.  boston is gripping just as hard as our boys.

You got it...I'm out in NY and the Yankees look great. I think that we'll fend off Boston for the Wild Card...not what I want, but I do think we'll still get in.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 04:08 AM)
I'm think a pinch runner who is going to steal second. If he's thrown out, Crede with 5 career walk off homers is leading off the ninth.

Wait, the Sox are allowed to steal a base successfully? With Santana on the mound, and Mauer catching, I don't think any of our players could have a prayer at stealing the base.