WGN News at 9 Top Story

SouthSidePride05

...after the Hurricane Coverage, was "Sox Fanticipation". It started out nice, showing the crowd into the game, and showing the fans tailgating and so on. Then they interviewed a Twins fan in her seat obviously before the game, or during the first inning, and she says "I'm very surprised how few fans there are here; there's no one here". And the camera showed all the empty seats around her. It was obviously before the sellout crowed filed in, but WGN of course failed to mention anything about that. I was really disappointed in this piece...WGN should know better.

Edited by SouthSidePride05

I was surfing for news when I caught their shot of Ronnie Woo-Woo in his usual Cubs jersey sitting in the stands with a White Sox cap on. This is something that a television station would waste even a second of valuable news time on? Pathetic.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
I was surfing for news when I caught their shot of Ronnie Woo-Woo in his usual Cubs jersey sitting in the stands with a White Sox cap on.  This is something that a television station would waste even a second of valuable news time on?  Pathetic.

Well, According to Morrissey... (yet another person wasting space on him)...at least the guy was leading some cheers.

This is nothing. At chicagotribune.com one of the 5 stories that made the front page of the website had a Sox bashing headline. I clicked on it and it turned out it was a letter to the paper talking about how the game that was blacked out this week was blacked out by JR to get people to go to the park. The Tribune and WGN, everything under that umbrella, is ridiculous.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
Harrellson said that the Sox are now 5-13 in those 18 games.

I knew they were bad with a full house, but I thought it was a little better than that.

I think it has more to do with who we play those days vs how many are in the stands. How many sellouts have we had against KC, Detroit, etc, and how many did we have against the Yankees, Red Sox, etc? It isn't the attendance at all.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
I think it has more to do with who we play those days vs how many are in the stands.  How many sellouts have we had against KC, Detroit, etc, and how many did we have against the Yankees, Red Sox, etc?  It isn't the attendance at all.

To BE a good team you must BEAT good teams, to paraphrase Ric Flair.

That plays right into the main criticism I've heard about this year's White Sox - "oh sure, they can beat KC and Detroit, but who else have they beaten?"

Nonetheless, s***ting their pants with a full house is BAD for repeat business.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
And yet all we have heard out of the Sox players is how they b**** about attendance.......... :crying  :crying  :crying

Win, and they will come.

To be fair, all that has been published is how the Sox b**** about attendance. Do you think anyone asked about attendance last night so that the Sox could say how much it helped? And if they did, did anyone care enough to publish it? I doubt it.

Hawk said early last night that they were 4-13 in the previous 17 sellouts.

That would make them 5-13 now.

Either way, it's NOT good.

its not a big deal but hawk said at the beginning of the game they were 3-14, i know this as a fact becasue when hawk was talking about it i told my dad they only won 3 sellouts and when hawk said they only one 3 my dad was amazed i knew that

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
its not a big deal but hawk said at the beginning of the game they were 3-14, i know this as a fact becasue when hawk was talking about it i told my dad they only won 3 sellouts and when hawk said they only one 3 my dad was amazed i knew that

We won on opening day, Friday against the Cubs, memorial day, and didn't we that Saturday night game against the Mariners? We also won a couple against the Red Sox.