Relax

bigredrudy

Ok look it's like this.

The Sos Win tonight and Yanks or Red Sosx lose the sox would clinch a tie for the wild card. If the Red Sox lose and the Sox only win tonight what's left of there games, then the yanks would have to sweep the Red Sox and the Sox would be the wild card.

Sox would end up 95 - 67 and The Red Sox 94 - 66. Now remember either Boston or the yanks have assured at least two more losses.

Another Scenario is that The tribe only has to lose 1 game they have left, 1 game!!! Of course the Sox need 2 victories. If the Sox win today and tommorow they'll be 96-63. The Tribe would be back 3 on Friday, they would have to sweep us just to tie. Catch is is if happens. Sox and Indians would be tied for the division lead, but!! The Wild card too. Cause the wild card would come out of the Central. Which i really hope happens. Now if that scenario happens, who wins the division? Wo wins the Wild card? How does MLB sort this out. Remember if this scenario happens, The Red Sox or the Yanks don't have a shot at the Wild card. So the SOx just need to go 2-3

Watching the Sox back into the playoffs is not much fun for me.

Cheering for Tampa Bay is NOT what I was expecting on September 27th. Neither is worrying about the final weekend in Cleveland.

The way they've played for the past few weeks hasn't been a lot of fun either.

Let's just hope that the playoffs ARE fun....

QUOTE(VAfan @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
That's confusing Josh.

Look at the magic number thread.

1 win = at least WC tie

2 wins = playoff berth

3 wins = division title

That's the simplest way to put it.

I wanna know what happens if the tribe and Sox end up tied. And either one would be division/Wild Card winner. I think the Number to focus on is 2

Here's another way of looking at it:

The Sox are playing like s***.

Against the Tigers.

I hope the Sox saw highlights of the Angels clinching last night cause I watched it along with the celebratioin in the clubhouse and I have to say that there's nothing sweeter than watching a team win their division in baseball. Beats any other sport. After 162 games you persevere and ultimately triumph. That has been the goal of the white sox since coming out of camp - to win the division. Not to back into the playoffs on a losing note by giving up the division lead in the last week of the season and settling for the wild card. I will not be part of that celebration, thank you very much.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
While I would be thrilled we won the divison, that would still kinda blow to win it like that... :huh

It's the why waste any effort and win by a full game when you can win with a tie theory.

:lolhitting

But imagine leading the division for 161 games. As painful as that is, I laugh for some reason at that scenario, as long as there is a game Tuesday.