If the Sox win and Indians, NY or Red Sox lose

White Sox Josh

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland has a better chance in the playoffs? I am not sure why anyone is assuming the Sox can cool off after three months but the Indians can't :huh . Frankly it looks like a tale of three seasons to me. The Sox owned the first season, Cleveland owned the second, and now we begin the third. I'm not seeing where one team is a distinctly better bet.

SFF

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:22 AM)
I don't want to start an argument here, but this whole situation as an Indians fan makes me want to puke. The Sox have a golden oppritunity against probably the second worst team in the AL right now to lock this thing down and they lay two eggs in a row. And the Tribe gets stuck with the scrapiest team since the break in their next to last series. If I was a Sox fan right now (with all due respect) i'd be disgusted. These guys have got about as much chance of getting out of the first round as a AA club. They'll probably make it to the dance, but IMO they flat ass don't deserve to.

At the same time you guys had umteen games against Kansas City while the Sox were playing some pretty strong foes.

Stuff happens. We played those teams at different points of the season. I am disgusted as a Sox fan, but I can't forget how they got it to this point in the first place (ie first place).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
I'd celebrate.  I don't care what the Sox do as long as they get in and I'm not the White Sox, but Ill be going crazy.

You don't celebrate a Wild Card clincher if you are still in 1st place...that would be morbidly stupid of the Sox to do.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
f*** that...playoffs is the playoffs.  You don't get an extra prize for winning the world series and the division.

Have you ever seen a team clinch the wildcard, still be in 1st in the divis, and celebrate? It would be childish in my eyes. Act like you've been there before, the job is not done.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Have you ever seen a team clinch the wildcard, still be in 1st in the divis, and celebrate? It would be childish in my eyes. Act like you've been there before, the job is not done.

Just curious.. is there anything you don't complain about...?

Childish.. in your eyes.. the irony.

And FYI.. they haven't been there before. Let them enjoy it how they want.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Just curious.. is there anything you don't complain about...?

Childish.. in your eyes.. the irony.

And FYI.. they haven't been there before. Let them enjoy it how they want.

You can't be serious. You just cant.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Dead.

Wow. At least add some knowledge to the thread maybe. You dont celebrate WC clinches when your still 1st in the division. As since when does a 16 year old have to be childish? As of this current moment, your the childish one for calling me out. Mind your business, that's what I am saying.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
You can't be serious. You just cant.

Don't tell the Sox how they can and can't celebrate. Don't tell me how I can and can't celebrate.

If the Sox clinch the wild card I'll sit back, grab a beer, maybe smoke a cigar and relax the rest of the regular season. If they win the division great, if not, who cares, the focus will be on the playoffs.

Ask the Angels...they aren't worried about home field advantage..Scioscia wants to get the team ready for the post-season and if they get homefield eventually than so be it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Wow. At least add some knowledge to the thread maybe. You dont celebrate WC clinches when your still 1st in the division. As since when does a 16 year old have to be childish? As of this current moment, your the childish one for calling me out. Mind your business, that's what I am saying.

Whoa...knowledge, maybe you start reading a few more posts and stop trying to call out and attack people as much as you have been lately.

Always trying to rain on people's parades. I got news for ya, just stop responding to my posts.

In case your wondernig, Yes thats a threat.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)

You don't...? And what position is it that you play and for what MLB team...???

That's what I thought, kid.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
Don't tell the Sox how they can and can't celebrate.  Don't tell me how I can and can't celebrate. 

If the Sox clinch the wild card I'll sit back, grab a beer, maybe smoke a cigar and relax the rest of the regular season.  If they win the division great, if not, who cares, the focus will be on the playoffs.

Ask the Angels...they aren't worried about home field advantage..Scioscia wants to get the team ready for the post-season and if they get homefield eventually than so be it.

That is the wrong approach in my opinion. You don't want to back into the playoffs knowing you just blew off the last few days of the season. It just seems childish to me. And I never told you how to celebrate or whatever. Yes, if this course of events is to happen, I'll be happy, but it is not grounds for celebration to me.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
That is the wrong approach in my opinion. You don't want to back into the playoffs knowing you just blew off the last few days of the season. It just seems childish to me. And I never told you how to celebrate or whatever. Yes, if this course of events is to happen, I'll be happy, but it is not grounds for celebration to me.

I see you don't read. Enjoy your break. Youve joined jabroni as the second poster I cant stand

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Well I'm sorry grandma but I don't see you throwing any leather out there on the field either.

And you didn't see me telling people I have no business telling how to celebrate either.

Now move along before I bet you with my walker. :stick