Los Angeles @ Chicago - ALCS Game 1

Heads22

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
This is becoming aggrivating.

Paul Byrd is a meatball throwing junk pitcher who typically thrives the first time through the lineup--until opponents realize what they're up against and hit him.

Their plate approach is terrible. Everyone in the ballpark knows our ballclub is swinging early to avoid the bullpen, and thus far, it hasn't done much to their advantage. So now, instead of working counts and awaiting good pitches in hitters counts, they've become too aggressive. How many popouts have there been tonight? Too many in my view.

Or they're swinging early cause Byrd doesn't walk many guys and usually is ahead in counts?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
i still say that Arow is our best 3hole option.  will somebody please start talking trash about all the players so they can prove you wrong again!

We've been over this. Rowand is not a #3 hitter and a season's worth of AB's says Dye is a better hitter than Rowand.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
i still say that Arow is our best 3hole option.  will somebody please start talking trash about all the players so they can prove you wrong again!

Good Idea, I will start with Jermaine Dead Bat ... Late innings, down by one run, lets bunt. Then In Bizarro world, Konerko can steal first.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
I love how everyone starts giving up/insulting the Sox when they lose, but worships them when they win..

Those games are mutually exclusive from today.

This evening, against Byrd, their plate approach is absolutely dreadful. It's obvious their plan is swing early and get to Byrd before worrying about their bullpen.

Well, now since they decided to impliment this plan, they have nothing off Byrd AND the bullpen to worry about.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
I love how everyone starts giving up/insulting the Sox when they lose, but worships them when they win..

That's because this team has two sides. The one that outplayed the Red Sox in every aspect of the game, and the one tonight whose been weak defensively, trying to do too much (bunting, stealing bases), and swinging only for the fences.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
How in the f*** can Podsednik not steal 2nd base but Erstad can?  Ridiculous.  Scioscia is beating Ozzie at his own game.

besides the fact that Contreras doesnt hold runners on and Molina has the best arm in baseball?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
This is becoming aggrivating.

Paul Byrd is a meatball throwing junk pitcher who typically thrives the first time through the lineup--until opponents realize what they're up against and hit him.

Their plate approach is terrible. Everyone in the ballpark knows our ballclub is swinging early to avoid the bullpen, and thus far, it hasn't done much to their advantage. So now, instead of working counts and awaiting good pitches in hitters counts, they've become too aggressive. How many popouts have there been tonight? Too many in my view.

Did you hear what they said about Crede...didn't even know Byrd was pitching til he got to the park. You've got to prep yourself a little for these junk throwers. They knew what to expect with Wakefield...and being patient is IMPERATIVE...which they haven't been.