Bandwagon Jumpers

aboz56

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 3rd generation White Sox fan working on a 4th. The wife was surfing Ebay looking for baby White Sox stuff when she came across this package deal that had a rattle, pacifier, blanket, outfit, and a whole bunch of other stuff. At that exact moment the baby starts kicking. Of course she wants her new White Sox gear... My legacy is complete. :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
I'm 3rd generation White Sox fan working on a 4th.  The wife was surfing Ebay looking for baby White Sox stuff when she came across this package deal that had a rattle, pacifier, blanket, outfit, and a whole bunch of other stuff.  At that exact moment the baby starts kicking.  Of course she wants her new White Sox gear... My legacy is complete. :)

All parents should be like you.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
I'm 3rd generation White Sox fan working on a 4th.  The wife was surfing Ebay looking for baby White Sox stuff when she came across this package deal that had a rattle, pacifier, blanket, outfit, and a whole bunch of other stuff.  At that exact moment the baby starts kicking.  Of course she wants her new White Sox gear... My legacy is complete. :)

That poor kid. :bang

For game 2 I sat next to my buddy's co-worker friend at the bar watching the game.  I asked him if he was a big Sox fan.  He said he like both teams...Cubs and Sox, which immediately meant he didn't know s*** about the Sox.  He showed up just after the Iguchi homer and I asked him if he heard about the 3 run homer.  He replied "Yeah Taguchi is awesome".

That could have been the beer talking. Or Hawk.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
I would just like to say to all of the bandwagon jumpers who are trying to get on this truck that is steamrolling ahead that we don't want you!

Everyone at Soxtalk knows who has been with us through the thick and the thin.

It's just gross how all of these "White Sox" fans are emerging from the woodwork now that we are a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs.

I remember the third game of the season, when we barely had 10,000 people at the game.  I was there.  Where were all of these bums? 

I would just like to give a big hell YEAH to all of my fellow soxtalkers who have been here since the beginning and have been Sox fans for years and a lot of us since birth.  We are the ones who are enjoying this the most.

And to the chat crew, it's been a great season and thank you for letting me become the people's admin.... :P

I completely agree with you... f*** the bandwagoners... we all know who the real sox fans are!

I've watched from game 1 of the season and spent my whole summer in the basement watching the games. Best summer ive ever had. I love this team and would love to see a world series. The other day in my spanish class i overheard a kid say "i like the sox now" and i turn my head at him and say "Now? You like them Now? Its a little to late to join the party you piece of s*** cubs fan. We don't need you now!" I was f***ing pissed!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
My father was born and raised in Kentucky ... son of a sharecropper.  He went to Chicago in the mid 50's to find work .... yada yada yada

My father was born in a Yorkshire pit village and doesn't know a slider from a swing set. He spent most of my childhood trying to get me into ferret racing and badger baiting. He cried for a week when I told him I was dating an American soldier and cried for a month when I told him I was marrying HER.

I only started to follow the Sox so I would have something to talk about to my Yankie wife, oh and I liked the logo and uniform colours.

Is that me driving the bandwagon? If so we've come a long way in the last 3 years.

:britishflag:

Edited by DePloderer

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
My father was born in a Yorkshire pit village and doesn't know a slider from a swing set. He spent most of my childhood trying to get me into ferret racing and badger baiting. He cried for a week when I told him I was dating an American soldier and cried for a month when I told him I was marrying HER.

I only started to follow the Sox so I would have something to talk about to my Yankie wife, oh and I liked the logo and uniform colours.

Is that me driving the bandwagon? If so we've come a long way in the last 3 years.

:britishflag:

man, if we are telling life stories here and btw nice history.

i am first generation sox fan, my father who is a sCrub fan came from the indian reservation (Apache) and was a iron worker. in spite of a sCrub fan family, who my sister and 2 brothers are of the same, i was the only real fan, a Sox fan.

I want to hear more about this ferret racing!

But if we are going with personal stories. My first little league team in 1989 was the White Sox. And i was assigned number 13. Which was none other than ozzie guillen. I fell in love guillen and the white sox and the rest in history. Despite the fact that my whole entire family, including distant cousin, aunts, uncles, etc. were all Flubs fans.

I explain it by saying I was the only one born in my family with a brain.

A personal highlight of mine, I believe came back in 91 or 92. I was only 8-9 at the time, so I hardly remember. But my family--dad, mom, toddler sis, were at Old Comiskey, my mom had been complaining all game--and it hadn't even started: About the walk up the stairs (escalator out of order) to our seats, about our seats almost being behind a pole, etc, she left during warmups to get a beer. When she came back, she said that a White Sox player, (was he 11?) "Lance Johnson" had a statue down by the field. My dad and I could only laught as we explained that the lithe and wirey Johnson was really the starting CF.

Turns out Lance was merely taking a break.

God bless all Sox fans, ignorant or 4th generation grinders.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
And to the chat crew, it's been a great season and thank you for letting me become the people's admin.... :P

please make sure you do not try to play manager again. Because that is why you are sitting in those blue/green seats and ozzie is on the bench.( leave Freddy in, terrible call.)

QUOTE(TimoandAaron @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
please make sure you do not try to play manager again.  Because that is why you are sitting in those blue/green seats and ozzie is on the bench.( leave Freddy in, terrible call.)

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Good one there.

My father was born in a Yorkshire pit village and ....  :britishflag:

Great story. Re the badger baiting: Don't know if those English badgers are different from our North American ones, but I wouldn't want to get too close to them.

Anyway, I figured your baseball allegiance was just that old time Sox fans came closest in demeanor to Brit football hooligans, er fans.

Great post. It is great to know we've been with the Sox for so many years and now we're enjoying it the most.

Man if we could make the World Series we'll really be on cloud nine.

I mean we deserve eight more wins. After all, we rooted for this team with Clayton, Todd Ritchie. We deserve wins!

I don't have a huge problem with bandwagoners. If they want to hop on, go ahead. Don't worry. We're never going to turn into the SAUX or the Cubbies. The bandwagoners just have to know that it will be more fun and mean more to the rest of us than it does to them. That's all.

Otherwise, hop on board. Give us money. And support this awesome awesome team.

Go Sox.