Curse...What Curse?

WinningUgly85

This has been bothering me for some time now. When game 3 started with our series against Boston, Chris Berman went on to say "Can White Sox redeem themselves from the curse of Shoeless Joe?"

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought that curses were a Boston and Chicago Cubs sort of thing. Their excuse for losing all these years.

I thought we as White Sox fans don't pay any attention to such crap. When did we start believing in that Shoeless cursed the Sox? Or is this one of Chris Berman's many moronic statements during the series?

BERMAN

:finger

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
This has been bothering me for some time now. When game 3 started with our series against Boston, Chris Berman went on to say "Can White Sox redeem themselves of the curse of Shoeless Joe?"

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought that curses were a Boston and Chicago Cubs sort of thing.  Their excuse for losing all these years. 

I thought we as White Sox fans don't pay any attention to such crap.  When did we start believing that Shoeless cursed the Sox? Or is this one of Chris Berman's many moronic statements during the series?

:banghead

none of us do and we all hate the curse. People who know s*** about the sox and their fans are creating things and acting like they are true. Its like going to a different country and making observations that aren't real, then reporting them back to america.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
This has been bothering me for some time now. When game 3 started with our series against Boston, Chris Berman went on to say "Can White Sox redeem themselves of the curse of Shoeless Joe?"

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought that curses were a Boston and Chicago Cubs sort of thing.  Their excuse for losing all these years. 

I thought we as White Sox fans don't pay any attention to such crap.  When did we start believing that Shoeless cursed the Sox? Or is this one of Chris Berman's many moronic statements during the series?

:banghead

We never started believing in s*** like "curses" We, as a fan base, are better than that.

And as Rex Kickass once said:

Whenever someone feeds me that curse bulls***, I always say:

"Curse? There's no curse. We just sucked for a long time. Now we kick ass."

The following phrase does indeed have the Rex Kickass Seal of Approval.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
A Philosophical Question

Can God make a turkey deep frier so big that even Chris Berman can deep fry himself in it?

God is all powerful powerful and has unlimited strength, can he make a rock so heavy that he cant lift it?

(Maybe he did, hence blackholes! lol)

There's a real easy way to get over those mis-information(s).

Just take anything Berman says and throw it out the window. Done.

That's really one of my only criticisms of ESPN. They take a guy like Berman that hasn't watched one game of NHL hockey and than have him announce the Stanley Cup. It's just a bit irritating and kind of a slap in the face to those that have been watching and putting their own time and effort into their team over the course of a season.