Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 2, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
Bradley did, and I'm hoping Heather's fake ISU team can as well.

The MVC is real good this year, Northern Iowa will have plenty of losses by the time conference play is done, trust me.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 10:00 AM)
Wow...So IPFW beat Indiana State at their place. 

And the Big Ten kicks off tonight with Indiana playing host to Michigan!  :headbang

Pretty pathetic effort thus far by both teams. Michigan was shooting 19% through the first 13 minutes, yet IU could only get the lead to 7 b/c they are getting killedo n the boards and have no concept of how to run the offense. Currently a 2 point IU lead. Would be nice if someone other than DJ showed up the rest of the night.

Now I see how we lost to Indiana State. Michigan out-rebounds IU 20-10 and 10-2 on the offensive boards. Not to mention that the offense mostly consisted of standing around, dribbling some, then forcing up a bad shot. Davis ought to rip these guys a new one at the half.

Wait, that's Mike Davis we're talking about. Ugh. Wake up, fools!

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
Ah ha.  Still pretty quiet.  IU basically has this one in the bag.

Not so much. Only up 4 and we suck at free throws. We've had 6-7 opportunities to make this a 10+ point lead this game and have failed at pulling away.

QUOTE(ilsox7 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
Not so much.  Only up 4 and we suck at free throws.  We've had 6-7 opportunities to make this a 10+ point lead this game and have failed at pulling away.

Eesh I closed it after I saw Marco's bucket + foul.

Ok now it's over.

Edited by WHarris1

We've been out-rebounded 33-22. With 2 big guys that just shouldn't happen.

On the bright side, IU does have 4 people in double figures this game. Oh, and a 6 point lead with :42 left.

Edit: Thanks to free throw shooting by Strickland, IU has 5 people in double figures for this game.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Eesh I closed it after I saw Marco's bucket + foul.

Ok now it's over.

Up 6 now with the ball and under 30 secs left. Robert Vaden was a momster in the 2nd half putting up 17 points in the half thus far.

First half in this game was awful. Michigan couldn't make a shot and IU couldn't rebound to save their life. IU still hasn't rebounded well at all, but Vaden and the offense showed up some in the 2nd half. Overall, a win is a win (if we hold on), but the level of play needs to go up a notch or two by Saturday.

Edited by ilsox7