Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
No, no, no, no

They did not just storm the court...

I gotta laugh. That's what Mizzou basketball has come to - rushing the floor after a win over an unranked opponent.

In a way, I almost feel bad for Mizzou fans.

Edited by IlliniKrush

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indiana State has lost seven in a row since opening the season 8-0!

Evansville is once again sitting near the bottom of the conference. That is just sad. That program should be in the top 3 or 4 in the league every year. Unfortunately, I don't see any kind of turnaround coming any time soon.

UNI just stole one from us, this really kind of sucks. Up 3 with 14 seconds left, Tony Young who is our best ft shooter and made 19 in a row up to that one, misses the front end of a 1-1 and UNI comes down nails a 3 and gets it in double ot. This loss hurts, we're still leading the conference but this could have been huge.

EDIT: 96 percent ft shooter by the way, god that hurts. :(

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 01:02 AM)
Gonzaga really locked down on D tonight, giving up 80 in the victory over Loyola Maramount.

This team can't defend anyone, i'm going to laugh when they have an early exit in the tournament.

2nd round and bye bye again. That team amazes me, their offense is so very good but not just that they can't defend it almost seems like they dont care. They score and they just get beat in transition, it's kind of sad to watch.

Edited by Rowand44

I'm getting pumped already for tonights game! Should be interesting, I'd like to see an Augustine/Killingsworth matchup, yet, I think they would both put themselves in foul trouble, and then we wouldnt see either of them. I'm thinking Pruitt may get eaten alive on the block with Marco, but anyways.... Here's a pretty damn good breakdown of the game...

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=169&p=2&c=489719&refid=400

Go Illini!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
2nd round and bye bye again.  That team amazes me, their offense is so very good but not just that they can't defend it almost seems like they dont care.  They score and they just get beat in transition, it's kind of sad to watch.

All it takes is an off-shooting night for them and they are gone. It sucks cause I really like the Zags. I happened to be at the regional the 1st year they made the run. Their fans are awesome. A couple of the students were telling me that they essentially close down the school when the team gets in the tourney and pretty much everyone goes to watch em.

This game is very important for IU. Gotta hold serve at home in the Big 10.

I think if Brown gets hot as he has been known to do, it could be a long night for the Hoosiers.

However, I think the combo of Vaden and Killingsworth get it done at home.

I'm not much for predictions, but I think IU should pull it out by 4 or 5.

PS Someone needs to beat Wisconsin and soon.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
This game is very important for IU.  Gotta hold serve at home in the Big 10.

I think if Brown gets hot as he has been known to do, it could be a long night for the Hoosiers.

However, I think the combo of Vaden and Killingsworth get it done at home.

I'm not much for predictions, but I think IU should pull it out by 4 or 5.

PS Someone needs to beat Wisconsin and soon.

I heard some guy talking about Wiscy and he said he thought they were the best team in the Big 10. All I know is they get zero love and they have probably been the best big 10 team outside of the Illini the past few years (MSU has been solid too).

I'm not really enamored with the Illini or a White-less Hoosiers team. As good as Killingsworth is, he turns the ball over a ton and is brutal at the free throw line. Both of those can be crippling in a close game against a good team.

On the other hand, my opinions on the Illini are well known. Unless Dee hits every outside shot again (not literally, you know what I mean), they should probably lose by about 8 (it will be very close, but I'm factoring in free throws at the end). They'd already have two more losses without some well-placed Dee Brown barages, so I'm starting to wonder how many of those he has left.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
I'm not really enamored with the Illini or a White-less Hoosiers team. As good as Killingsworth is, he turns the ball over a ton and is brutal at the free throw line. Both of those can be crippling in a close game against a good team.

On the other hand, my opinions on the Illini are well known. Unless Dee hits every outside shot again (not literally, you know what I mean), they should probably lose by about 8 (it will be very close, but I'm factoring in free throws at the end). They'd already have two more losses without some well-placed Dee Brown barages, so I'm starting to wonder how many of those he has left.

I am not optimistic about this game tonight. The Illini need to get a good effort from both Augustine and Brown to have a chance in this game and some sort of a contribution from a third guy (Randle or McBride maybe?). If Randle and Augustine manage to stay out of foul trouble, it should be one hell of a basketball game tonight.

I'm expecting a loss tonight, but i'm not hopeless.

I don't like Pruitt on Marco, and i don't like Augie on Vaden. I'm not saying do something else, but these matchups suck.

Dee will have to have another 25+ point game and Augie probably 20 for us just to have a chance.

I see us getting into foul trouble trying to stop Marco and Vaden, which will mean more Warren Carter and Marcus Arnold time, which will result in sheer ugliness. We need IU to miss shots, especially 3's.

It's a big ten road game against a great team, so if we lose it's not that big of a deal. A win would be an absolute steal and a ridiculously huge win.

Let's just give it our best shot on the road and hope for the best.

I'm not expecting a win tonight, but it's not impossible.

If we play like we did against michigan, we'll have a shot and that's all I'm looking for.

It's another Iowa type game that I'm worried about.