Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
Ah cmon now, it's not a big deal.  That sign is shown a ton, go to a Wichita State game and you'll see everyone doing it, hell..my im bball team did it all the time last year(we were the shockers).  No biggy.

It's not a big deal, but it's pretty gross and at the same time, this would get a lot more attention if J.J.'s skin were a bit darker.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
It's totally normal for the Wichita State Shockers to throw the sign, but for a Duke player to make the sign after a 3? It doesn't make much sense.

Ya, I gotcha. I just don't think it's a big deal at all, trying to find a story when there isn't one, damn unc fans. :P

lol yeah I know. But still, alot of little kids love JJ Redick. Do you really want to see them walking around imitating that sign? Can you imagine the outrage if Rashad had made that sign instead of "just" the diamond sign that Jay-Z used? People called Rashad a thug for that action, and nothing is said about JJ, pretty funny/odd.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
lol yeah I know. But still, alot of little kids love JJ Redick. Do you really want to see them walking around imitating that sign? Can you imagine the outrage if Rashad had made that sign instead of "just" the diamond sign that Jay-Z used? People called Rashad a thug for that action, and nothing is said about JJ, pretty funny/odd.

Once again I understand what you're saying but the shocker sign is becoming more common around colleges and high schools, you'll see it everywhere. To be honest, I don't even remember the Rashad episode so I don't think it was to big of a deal.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Once again I understand what you're saying but the shocker sign is becoming more common around colleges and high schools, you'll see it everywhere.  To be honest, I don't even remember the Rashad episode so I don't think it was to  big of a deal.

I definitely do

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
The only road wins of note in the entire conference are MSU at Indiana, Illinois at Wisconsin, and PSU at Illinois. That's pretty scary for a conference that supposedly has 7 tournament worthy teams.

Umm....MSU hasn't played at Indiana yet, and we have a perfect home record in the Big Ten.