Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
If I'm him, I stay right where I am.

IU is a much better job than Villanova.

It definitely pays a lot more and its a more storied program.

A good coach could have them a top 10 team every year.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
Best name I've heard.

Jay Wright.

Hopefully for IU fans, that will happen after this year.

I'm sure they'll name an interim coach and then clean house after the year.

Worst thing for them will be DJ White transferring, Vaden possibly as well.

But it won't take long to turn things around there, even if those guys do leave.

I don't think White would transfer...he'd have to give up a year of eligibilty, and after this year's injury, he probably needs that year to prove to the NBA that he can stay healthy and still play.

Edit: of course, if it turns out he's in Frank Thomas's spot with that foot and needs another full year off to recover, then he might as well...if he'd be out for the season with an injury anyway, then he wouldn't be playing anyway.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
I don't think White would transfer...he'd have to give up a year of eligibilty, and after this year's injury, he probably needs that year to prove to the NBA that he can stay healthy and still play.

Who knows, he has said Davis is the reason he came to IU, but maybe he'd stay.

He'd be dumb to sit out two years straight IMO.

Then again, a lot of people do think he'll leave if Davis is gone.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
IU is a much better job than Villanova.

It definitely pays a lot more and its a more storied program.

A good coach could have them a top 10 team every year.

I understand that and I agree but Nova is in much better shape then IU for atleast the next few years. Nova has good incoming talent and has some staying(especially if sumpter red shirts) if I was Wright I'd stay. Obviously, the money situation will have something to say about that though.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
Who knows, he has said Davis is the reason he came to IU, but maybe he'd stay.

He'd be dumb to sit out two years straight IMO.

Then again, a lot of people do think he'll leave if Davis is gone.

I bet if he had a good, healthy year next year he'd declare for the draft, but taking an extra year off, and going into your senior year having not played in 2 years and having that 1 season define whether or not you're a first round pick or undrafted? That doesn't seem like a smart plan to me at all. He transfers and gives up next year, then suffers 1 small injury as a senior, and all of a sudden he winds up playing in Europe.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
I understand that and I agree but Nova is in much better shape then IU for atleast the next few years.  Nova has good incoming talent and has some staying(especially if sumpter red shirts) if I was Wright I'd stay.  Obviously, the money situation will have something to say about that though.

I think he'd look at it as, Am I happy being here for the rest of my career or do I want a job that coaches dream of having?

I think, despite their recent struggles, IU is a job that coaches aspire to, based on their tradition and how much basketball means to the state of Indiana.

They are going to do all they can to get the right person for the job.

And they sure as hell better not get Alford or they'll be doing the same thing in 3 or 4 more years.

First names that come to mind for me for the IU job are Wright and Tom Crean.