Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, My name is Drew Neitzel.

If I was 10% the point guard that Mateen Cleaves was, my team could win the Big 10.

Since I am not, we constantly get beat by teams that shouldn't beat us.

Now excuse me while I let some P.O.S. named Boone beat my ass all day.

That is all.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
Hello, My name is Drew Neitzel.

If I was 10% the point guard that Mateen Cleaves was, my team could win the Big 10.

Since I am not, we constantly get beat by teams that shouldn't beat us.

Now excuse me while I let some P.O.S. named Boone beat my ass all day.

That is all.

Welcome to Soxtalk. :cheers

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
In other Big 10 news, my Spartans look like a solid bet in the conference right now.

Eventually (I think) everybody is going to figure out nobody is (or will be) a solid bet in this league until it's all clear at the end of the season. Anybody can beat anybody anywhere, it's amazing stuff.

Although with this said, Ohio State vs. Illinois is a must win for both teams tomorrow IMO.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
Welcome to Soxtalk. :cheers

Now you know why we made the Final 4 last year.

We had Chris Hill, Anderson and Torbert handling the ball in clutch situations.

Not Drew Neitzel.

He did absolutely nothing today.

1-8, 3 pts, 2 assists, 2 turnovers and 4 fouls. The amazing part is that he took 31 minutes to accumulate this great stat line.

And some guy named Boone scored 10 pts on him, including two threes, 4 assists and yes, he blocked Neitzel's shot twice.

Neitzel, you suck.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
I thought for a while it was parity in the Big 10, but I'm beginning to think more and more it's mediocrity and the lack of a really good team.  Fun stuff though, and there are a bunch of NCAA Tourney calibur teams, just not much more than that.

It's interesting though. Last year, everyone's saying how the Big Ten's down, and there's 2 final four teams.

This year, everyone's saying the Big Ten is one of the elite conferences, and we're not expecting many teams in our conference to go deep. Weird.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
It's interesting though.  Last year, everyone's saying how the Big Ten's down, and there's 2 final four teams.

This year, everyone's saying the Big Ten is one of the elite conferences, and we're not expecting many teams in our conference to go deep.  Weird.

Top heavy last year. No depth but two very good teams. This year there is a lot of depth and no elite teams.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
Big 12 10-year team:

Hinrich

Collison

LaFrentz

Ford

Fizer

Guess what? All three Kansas players were from the state of Iowa.

Hmmm... Paul Pierce was as good if not better than some of these guys.

State of origin: California

I am officially saying it....

Big Ten=NFL. It's not parity, it's mediocrity. But hey, you could really say that for the entire NCAA. At least the Big 10 has GOOD teams, just nothing resembling a great team (but that's good enough to mean the Big 10 is the best league in the NCAA, which says a lot about the NCAA).