Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 3

Heads22

We've had a small problem with giving back runs lately with Mark and Jose to small extents. Lets see that trend end with a big inning by Jon who should be reinvigorated by the lead. I would say its time to start warming guys up though because we don't want to fall behind with Jon on the hill at this point.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Well, hard to not sound greedy, but that was a big out there.  Garland has to face the top of the order here.

It's not greedy at all. It's just looking at things the way you always look at them.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
:lol:

Somehow I can't see Carl Everett giving the Macbeth "to be or not to be, that is the question."  I think thats from Macbeth atleast, ha.

Hamlet, but I can't really see Carl in that role either. He might be better than Mel Gibson though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
Oswalt has always been known as someone that has no problem hitting another batter.  The confrontation between him and M. Barrett was quite comical last year.

Thats true, I remember that incident. That count and situation is not where I anticipate Roy throwing at him to hit him, even if Joe has homered earlier.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
It's not greedy at all. It's just looking at things the way you always look at them.

Wow, no need for you to be difficult about it. We had the chance to go for the juggular. Uribe had a solid AB, just couldn't get the big hit. Sorry, but even though I'm thrilled to get the lead in this game, a one run lead in this park isn't a guaranteed winner.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 02:22 AM)
Thats true, I remember that incident. That count and situation is not where I anticipate Roy throwing at him to hit him, even if Joe has homered earlier.

Earlier tonight, I predicted he was going to plunk AJP tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
Wow, no need for you to be difficult about it.  We had the chance to go for the juggular.  Uribe had a solid AB, just couldn't get the big hit.  Sorry, but even though I'm thrilled to get the lead in this game, a one run lead in this park isn't a guaranteed winner.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. It's just the way you are. You see the 3 guys we left on base and not the 5 that we plated. Nothing wrong with that. Just the way it is.