Did anyone see this?

Kyyle23

This is from Kotex Boy's column this morning. I watched the whole game, and I missed this

For quite a while, a clear, moonlit autumn on 35th Street was interrupted by a steady, see-your-breath rainfall that would have postponed the game if Fox didn't need prime-time programming. But then, wasn't the home team blending in well with the damp, muddy mood? For six innings, Smartball was replaced by Dummyball, with the Sox reliving 87 years of frustration with a bobbled ball in left field, a picked-off man at first, another baserunning error, lackluster situational hitting and, yes, muckrakers, even some dugout tension.

Wasn't that third-base coach Joey Cora, Guillen's right-hand tongue, getting into an animated discussion with Dye? Didn't it follow another extra-base hit by Willy Taveras, the sneakiest thing out of Houston since Enron, who wound up at third when his liner bounced off the side wall as Dye chased it? Situations the Sox seized in Game 1 were wasted in Game 2.

Did anyone see this happen?

QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Did we not ban Mariotti articles from Soxtalk?

No WSI banned Mariotti articles, attendance threads, negative posts, and anything else George doesn't like. Silly soxtalk, we think we can discuss these things without having to ban anyone. Crazy ass kids over here. :cheers

QUOTE(Wedge @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
I don't know if it happened or not, but Dye should have gotten an earful after that play.  The extra base given up basically lead to the tying run scoring.

The ball must have been coming off of the grass extremely heavy and wet last night, because Pods and Dye both had problems picking up the ball in those shots to the corner.

i think if Joey was in an animated discussion with Dye, it wasn't about whether he misplayed a ball or not, it would be asking him if he isn't telling them something about his injury status.

IMO, J.D. looks like he is running in sand out there going after stuff the last couple of games. I don't think he would not be playing, but they might be quicker to put Timo out there as a defensive sub if Dye is hurting.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
No WSI banned Mariotti articles, attendance threads, negative posts, and anything else George doesn't like. Silly soxtalk, we think we can discuss these things without having to ban anyone. Crazy ass kids over here.  :cheers

Yeah they certinatly did, I got banned a bunch of times over there for actually having an opinion that wasn't overly positive and happy. WSI has dug a whole with themselves by banning what people can and can't talk about. Its a freking internet message board, open to the public, and every citizen has freedom of speech and they want to tell their fans they can't talk about Mariotte, Attendance, negative threads, attendance, etc. Since when can one person or group tell the other what they can and cannot say, sounds a lot like communism to me.

In August i got banned for this exact statement follwing El Duque blowing a late inning lead against Seattle in which we worked so hard to get, "C'mon El Duque why is that every time your offense goes out and gets you a lead against a tough pitcher you have to go right out there and give it back to them"

I proceeded to get banned becuase apparently the all knowning all control mods of WSI know better than me and how dare I say something that I felt at the time that was not overly positive. What a joke they have become!

I didn't see any arguing going on anywhere. But if there was, ummmm, there is a little bit at stake over these next few games.

As for Iguchi being picked off, well, it was Pettitte on the mound...duh. I told my wife before the game started one of our guys would get picked off, and as soon as Iguchi got on, I told her he would be picked off. He has never seen Pettitte before and no amount of scouting can prepare you for that, what do you expect?

QUOTE(joeynach @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Yeah they certinatly did, I got banned a bunch of times over there for actually having an opinion that wasn't overly positive and happy.  WSI has dug a whole with themselves by banning what people can and can't talk about.  Its a freking internet message board, open to the public, and every citizen has freedom of speech and they want to tell their fans they can't talk about Mariotte, Attendance, negative threads, attendance, etc.  Since when can one person or group tell the other what they can and cannot say, sounds a lot like communism to me.

I agree with almost everything you say. The free speech comment is misguided. George pays the bills over there. Free speech does not mean you can go anywhere on any person's bill and say whatever you want. Walk into McDonalds and start talking about how much better Burger King is to all their patrons and see how long your free speech rights last.

I think they have gone overboard, but that has been good for Soxtalk. With three great Sox message boards there is one for everyone. Based on members, posts, and everything else, Soxtalk seems to be #1 for most fans.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Yeah they certinatly did, I got banned a bunch of times over there for actually having an opinion that wasn't overly positive and happy.  WSI has dug a whole with themselves by banning what people can and can't talk about.  Its a freking internet message board, open to the public, and every citizen has freedom of speech and they want to tell their fans they can't talk about Mariotte, Attendance, negative threads, attendance, etc.  Since when can one person or group tell the other what they can and cannot say, sounds a lot like communism to me.

In August i got banned for this exact statement follwing El Duque blowing a late inning lead against Seattle in which we worked so hard to get, "C'mon El Duque why is that every time your offense goes out and gets you a lead against a tough pitcher you have to go right out there and give it back to them"

I proceeded to get banned becuase apparently the all knowning all control mods of WSI know better than me and how dare I say something that I felt at the time that was not overly positive.  What a joke they have become!

I couldn't agree more, except that it is their site and if they want to run it like Nazis (my death knell comment) then they are free to do so.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
Doesn't hold a candle to comments here...

That's because those comments don't get moved to the Roadhouse here. And posters who are willing to post that haven't been banned.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
That's because those comments don't get moved to the Roadhouse here.  And posters who are willing to post that haven't been banned.

Whatever..

Pretty sad that this is even conversation at this time.

Waa, waa, waa.. complain, complain, complain.. b****, b****, b****...