Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 4

Heads22

for the record...

i have to say...i've been supremely impressed with our scouting reports this post season...they have been awesome considering every move that the players are asked about they answer it with "well we followed the scouting reports

Backe nearly featured his breaking ball the entire 4th inning. He's realized his fastball is getting absolutely tatooed and decided to feature more offspeed pitches. Solution? LOOK FOR THE OFFSPEED PITCHES INSTEAD. Man, Konerko and AJ let some floating breaking balls go by.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
We have quite a few guys who struggle mightily against the outside slider/curve by a righty.  I haven't seen any effort by guys like Rowand to stay on the pitch and take it to RF.

Pods hit the ball hard, and Dye did too. I thought they might start ripping this guy. I just don't know how many low and away sliders Rowand has to swing and miss at before he realizes he must try something new.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Pods hit the ball hard, and Dye did too. I thought they might start ripping this guy. I just don't know how many low and away sliders Rowand has to swing and miss at before he realizes he must try something new.

Rowand has been Sosa-Esque lately