The forgotten Four

RockRaines

Nobody on the radio, nobody on TV, nobody on this board. Nobody has mentioned the players last night celebrating while holding up the number 4. Willie was doing it, Widger was, everyone was holding up the number 4 in the late innings. And when Blum won the game for us, he walked to the dugout and everyone was giving high fives using the number 4.

This is because the bench players were known as the forgotten 4 or the group 4 as they have been referred to on ESPN.com. They were all going crazy for the members of the 4 to be contributing and actually performing very well. Widge played well, Willie had a nice SB, Blum won the game, etc, etc.

Many props.

the four

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
Nobody on the radio, nobody on TV, nobody on this board.  Nobody has mentioned the players last night celebrating while holding up the number 4.  Willie was doing it, Widger was, everyone was holding up the number 4 in the late innings.  And when Blum won the game for us, he walked to the dugout and everyone was giving high fives using the number 4.

This is because the bench players were known as the forgotten 4 or the group 4 as they have been referred to on ESPN.com.  They were all going crazy for the members of the 4 to be contributing and actually performing very well.  Widge played well, Willie had a nice SB, Blum won the game, etc, etc.

Many props.

the four

I noticed that too last night Rock. I don't think anyone in the media picked up in it, but it eas great to see.

Group 4 and the Bullpen are the heroes of the night! Everyone was talking about the starters and the everyday lineup after we rolled through those first 10 games, but our guys know that Ozzie might call on them at any time and they were ready.

Marte and Blum, who would have picked those guys to be getting it done at the end of a game like that. They were everyone's nightmare before the game, if you had asked anyone what our chances were if the game went 14 innings and we ended up with Marte on the mound and Blum at the plate, most people would have picked us to lose.

That's what is different about this team, they never believe that, they have faith in each other. From Konerko all the way down to Blum they pull for each other instead of whining about who is getting playing time.

This has been a team thing since day 1. Group 4 represents what this team is all about it.

Group 4! Yes!

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
Yea it has. We were discussing them eating the lobster just yesterday at length in a thread.

Keep up Rock..  :bang

:P

i'll tell you where you can put that smiley

PS, if you were talking about it yesterday, then the game hadnt happened yet!!! :P

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
PS, if you were talking about it yesterday, then the game hadnt happened yet!!! :P

They have been called the forgotten four since the start of the CS. And Blum referred to them as this when talking about them eating the lobster and shrimp at game 1 of the WS in an article yesterday.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
They have been called the forgotten four since the start of the CS. And Blum referred to them as this when talking about them eating the lobster and shrimp at game 1 of the WS in an article yesterday.

Yeah, but I am referring to last night when they were all holding up the number 4 in the dugout. None of the announcers seemed to notice, it was almost like they were signaling the 4th quarter. They even all went through the line after the game giving each other high 4's....

jerk

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
Yeah, but I am referring to last night when they were all holding up the number 4 in the dugout.  None of the announcers seemed to notice, it was almost like they were signaling the 4th quarter.  They even all went through the line after the game giving each other high 4's....

jerk

Ahh.. gotcha. I didn't expect them to know that anyway. Why on earth would they concern themselves with anything "feel good" about the Sox. :rolly

WEll I didnt know what it meant, I thought it was to signal game four coming like in football with the 4th quarter that woulda been cooler, of course how am i sposed to know this stuff im not on the internet 24/7 like sum ppl ...so im jus gonna pretend it means game 4

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
Ahh.. gotcha. I didn't expect them to know that anyway. Why on earth would they concern themselves with anything "feel good" about the Sox.  :rolly

Seriously, considering all the bad calls that went eh Stros way last night, there was almost no reaction. They were like "well, that wasnt the right call....And next lets take a look at the game summary..."

Its funny though that while Garner is throwing chairs and their dugout looked like a funeral, our dugout was messing around and laughing much of the time.