Jonny Damon to wear White Sox?

Gooch#1fan

Just a thought. What would it be like if Damon was on the white sox . If we were NOT ABLE to pick up Pauly and we let Everett go. How would the team be if we got Damon? he has speed, great single/double hitter, and can also hit the long ball and can play small ball. We can place him in right and Jermaine can play first, with Frank at DH. I think are team can hold a even larger threat with stealing bases and bunts. The outfield would be great! Although i dont want pauly to leave i would sure love to see Damon on the team. Although this is probably unlikely...its just a thought.

Podzilla

Gooch

Damon

Thomas

Dye

Air Rowand

A.J

Joe Clutch

Uribe

:gosox4:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gooch#1fan @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
Just a thought. What would it be like if Damon was on the white sox . If we were NOT ABLE to pick up Pauly and we let Everett go. How would the team be if we got Damon? he has speed, great single/double hitter, and can also hit the long ball and can play small ball. We can place him in right and Jermaine can play first, with Frank at DH. I think are team can hold a even larger threat with stealing bases and bunts. The outfield would be great! Although i dont want pauly to leave i would sure love to see Damon on the team. Although this is probably unlikely...its just a thought.

Podzilla

Gooch

Damon

Thomas

Dye

Air Rowand

A.J

Joe Clutch

Uribe

:gosox4:

Just shoot yourself for posting that. Why on earth would we want that cancer on this team?!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Just shoot yourself for posting that.  Why on earth would we want that cancer on this team?!

Just because he's for Boston doesn't mean he's a cancer. That said, for equal money, I'd rather have Konerko.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
HAHA! Damon in right on a team that prides itself on defense? Maybe we can have Jeff Bagwell play center and Mo Vaughn play left too

Lets bring Cecil Feilder out of retirement to play center, Bagwell doesn't have enough speed. :D

Damon is a good player, but the Sox have there top of the order and while I think Damon is better than a lot of you guys give him credit to be (since everyone seems dead set against him). I think the Sox have bigger needs (ie, the middle of the lineup and #1 resigning Paulie and #2 finding a productive DH).

Damon had one of the most disappointing seasons of all time this year, and i can throw a baseball farther and with more accuracy with my trouser trout. his numbers took such a hit this season because he stopped juicing. he wont ever recover. honestly, i consider virtually every player on this years sox teammore valuable than him. what a horrible idea.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
Damon is a good player, but the Sox have there top of the order and while I think Damon is better than a lot of you guys give him credit to be (since everyone seems dead set against him).  I think the Sox have bigger needs (ie, the middle of the lineup and #1 resigning Paulie and #2 finding a productive DH).

He's not bad, but the idea that someone said to have him play RF is just insane.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
He's not bad, but the idea that someone said to have him play RF is just insane.

No, he obviously can't play RF. In fact, right now I don't really like him in CF. He doesn't have quite as good of range as he once had. All that said, he's one of the best hitters in the AL (average wise) and still has good speed and is a smart player. He's better than our starting left fielder (Podsednik). That said, Pods makes a whole lot less.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
He can't throw.

And that makes him a bad player because he has a below average arm?

.316, 10 hr and 75 RBI for a leadoff hitter seems pretty damn good to me.

Not saying that he's a fit here, he's certainly not, but the guy is a perennial all-star and I loved him as a player when he was on KC and Oakland. Now that he is on Boston I don't care much for him but he is still a great player.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
And that makes him a bad player because he has a below average arm?

.316, 10 hr and 75 RBI for a leadoff hitter seems pretty damn good to me.

Not saying that he's a fit here, he's certainly not, but the guy is a perennial all-star and I loved him as a player when he was on KC and Oakland.  Now that he is on Boston I don't care much for him but he is still a great player.

No it doesn't make you a bad player, but he plays in one of the key positions where you pretty much need a decent arm. His offensive numbers are good, but his defense is only decent because he has some speed and he can catch up to balls and not let them drop.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
I don't see why everyone thinks he's a bad player, quite frankly he is a stud IMO, he just doesn't fit with this team.

Someone please explain to me how Damon isn't a good player.

He isn't a good player because he's 31 and getting a 5 year deal. :puke