My stupid friend

WinningUgly85

Cub fans are so jealous of our success they go on about stupid excuses. My friend typed this up in his blog. What should I say back? Any suggestions?

Top Ten Reasons Why the White Sox Still Suck?

1. They can't speak english

2. Sox belong on my feet

3. They need to go out of this country for talent

4. They didn't play against the angels best pitcher,for long,: roberto colon(injured)

5. They didn't play against,for long, Roger Clemens(injured)

6. The Red Sox best pitcher in game 1 of the playoffs in round one was matt clement, he sucks.

7. Minute Maid park roof was open, so Astros got screwed.

8. A.J. Persinski ran to first when he shouldnt of and got the call.

9. They got lucky.

10. CUBS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

______

I should tell him its spelled Pierzynski

Edited by WinningUgly85

1. They can't speak english -- Yeah, it's not like a White Sox player sat in front of Congress and fiegned ignorace of the English language. See #8.

2. Sox belong on my feet

3. They need to go out of this country for talent -- See #1. And Neifi Perez. Santo is playing 3B in '06.

4. They didn't play against the angels best pitcher,for long,: roberto colon(injured) -- Roberto? OK. Who is that?

5. They didn't play against,for long, Roger Clemens(injured) -- Bulls***. He's a pussy who couldn't take getting his ass handed to him on a nation stage.

6. The Red Sox best pitcher in game 1 of the playoffs in round one was matt clement, he sucks. -- Agreed. So.

7. Minute Maid park roof was open, so Astros got screwed. -- LOL Are you kidding?

8. A.J. Persinski ran to first when he shouldnt of and got the call. -- Should of, Are you kidding me? Of is a verb now?

9. They got lucky. -- YEP -- 110 wins of luck.

10. CUBS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- Dude, they finished behind the Brewers

I would add to Gene's comment as follows:

6. The Red Sox best pitcher in game 1 of the playoffs in round one was matt clement, he sucks. -- Agreed. So. Anyone who plays for the Cubs seems to have some degree of suckitude to them....except Jon Garland....how is Matt Karchner doing for the Flubs?

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
4. They didn't play against the angels best pitcher,for long,: roberto colon(injured)

So Cubs fans can't spell? Is that it?

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
Cub fans are so jealous of our success they go on about stupid excuses.  My friend typed this up in his blog.  What should I say back? Any suggestions?

2. Sox belong on my feet

6. The Red Sox best pitcher in game 1 of the playoffs in round one was matt clement, he sucks.

9. They got lucky.

______

Say this

1. Neither can you

2. No, socks belong on your feet, not sox

3. Ok, so the one starter is Cuban, whats your point? Maybe the Cubs should look for out-of-nation talent too, then maybe they wont blow the the NLCS

4. But the Angels need to score as well, and they couldnt score anymore then we could

5. Roger Clemens is gettin really freaking old, and the scoring point from the Angels argument will fit here too.

6. We swept the Defending World Champs, so using the Red Sox isnt even an argument.

7. Arizona was forced to keep their roof open as well because of the awesome weather. Ozzie even suggested that they close it just so we could prove everyone wrong.

8. You make your own breaks, the catcher is suppoed to tag instinctively, so it was the catchers fault, and A.J.'s good thinking.

9. Everyone gets lucky. Always. Everygame, someone gets lucky. Thats just how it is.

10. Win a get to the World Series and dont blow a 3-1 lead, then we'll talk.

Hope that helped :cheers

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
Cub fans are so jealous of our success they go on about stupid excuses.  My friend typed this up in his blog.  What should I say back? Any suggestions?

2. Sox belong on my feet

9. They got lucky.

______

Ignore your friend and his atrocious spelling, punctuation and grammar, think about last Wednesday and smile.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
Ignore your friend and his atrocious spelling, punctuation and grammar, think about last Wednesday and smile.

You guys are right. It just pisses me off to see someone trample all over our success. It is an act of hubris I tell you.

You're friend is clearly stupid. We've all figured that out.

Here are two good ways to just piss him off very badly (besides saying 1908).

-Just keep laughing in his face as he tries to make an argument.

-Repeat every argument he says in a high-pitched voice, mocking him.

Sure, it's not mature, but we're the f***ing world champions. We don't care. And it's sure to piss him off.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
You guys are right.  It just pisses me off to see someone trample all over our success.  It is an act of hubris I tell you.

No, it's an act of f***tardery, an act of s***headitude, and an act of dumbassedness.

Pay no attention to the cackling hens.

Just remember two things:

"Weeneen ees fung and fung ees weeneen"

:gosox3:

And

"Dee beer tayss bedder wenn yoo ween"

:drink

The 1908 chant is pretty good. Obviously so is the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox response. A couple of others:

Ask him what country Carlos Zambrano, Aramis Ramirez, Sammy Sosa, Sergio Mitre, Angel Guzman, Neifi Perez, Julio Zuleta, Henry Rodriguez, Hee Sop Choi, that Korean guy that beaned the condor (something like Jun- Seung Pak) and any other foreigners I forgot are from. In my opinion the more obscure the player reference the better, because you could also show that you know more about his team than he does. Laugh at whatever response he comes up with. Another possible response is, "Well, your manager did say that Latin players are conditioned to play better in heat."

Another of my personal favorites is to ask him how many current Cubs' players he can name. I find that about half of them stall around 5, roughly 80 percent can't get to ten.

Ask him how many beers he'd had when he posted. Follow this by saying, "Judging by your spelling and grammer, I'd guess you were about to kill the 12 pack."

Another one would be something like ,"I don't know anyone named Roberto Colon, so we'd probably have beat him anyways if he pitched." Or you could go with the logical approach (usually doesn't work with Cubs' fans, but worth a shot) and say, "Colon wouldn't have pitched until game 4 anyways, when we were already up 2-1. Even if he wins that start, the series is tied at 2 with mediocre pitchers going in the next two games." Another response would be,"We had Colon before, and he wasn't exactly Cy Young. Frankly, we decided he wasn't worth paying $12 million a year, which the Angels should have done as well."

Edited by ZoomSlowik