Politte's option exercised, Everett's Declined

Goober

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
Is there anyone on here who believes that Carl Everett will be a White Sox next year?

It depends on which portion of the season you're talking about.

April/May...not a chance.

Trading deadline time...on the other hand....

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Anyone have an idea about where Carl will end up next year?  I really do wonder what will happen to him.

He will gain attention soley on what he did for us in RBI production, esp in the first half. He also shook a lot of his critcs that made him out to be a clubhouse cancer, while I wouldnt exactly call him a leader, he most def was a team player this year. With that being said, I cant see him going back to the NL.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Is there anyone on here who believes that Carl Everett will be a White Sox next year?

My best guess is that his situation depends on the Frank situation. If Frank is brought back I believe Carl will be as well.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
It depends on which portion of the season you're talking about.

April/May...not a chance.

Trading deadline time...on the other hand....

You guys are all acting like KW has traded for Carl Everett at the trade deadline on multiple occasions or something :rolly :lol:

Definitely no suprises with these two moves. Both things had to be done...

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
My best guess is that his situation depends on the Frank situation.  If Frank is brought back I believe Carl will be as well.

I have to disagree there. I honestly think Carl's done here, whether Frank's back or not.

Thank you for your services though Jurassic. You certainly did your part in getting us that ring. :cheers

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
I have to disagree there.  I honestly think Carl's done here, whether Frank's back or not.

Thank you for your services though Jurassic.  You certainly did your part in getting us that ring.  :cheers

Well, if Frank is brought back Kenny is going to have a backup plan as well, it might not be Carl but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
Well, if Frank is brought back Kenny is going to have a backup plan as well, it might not be Carl but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

I think we have plenty of backup plans available as minor leaguers, whether it be Joe Borchard, Brian Anderson, or one of the speedy guys.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
I think we have plenty of backup plans available as minor leaguers, whether it be Joe Borchard, Brian Anderson, or one of the speedy guys.

Once again if Frank is brought back with his health concerns I highly doubt that Kenny relies on Anderson or Borch to be a fulltime dh if something happened to big Frank. We'll see but I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me to see Carl kept as a bench player and the backup plan to Frank just in case for a very reduced salary.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
My best guess is that his situation depends on the Frank situation.  If Frank is brought back I believe Carl will be as well.

i would thinkt he complete opposite.

Either frank OR carl will be brought back, since they basically are the same type of player.

Hopefully frank takes the paycut and finishes his career with us.

As for carl, hopefully he finds a team that really needs him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
Once again if Frank is brought back with his health concerns I highly doubt that Kenny relies on Anderson or Borch to be a fulltime dh if something happened to big Frank.  We'll see but I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me to see Carl kept as a bench player and the backup plan to Frank just in case for a very reduced salary.

I'm sorry, but even a very reduced salary for Carl just is still going to wind up being like 5-10 times what Anderson or Borchard would make for the same role. And with at least Anderson being a better defensive replacement, I just can't see that making business sense.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
I'm sorry, but even a very reduced salary for Carl just is still going to wind up being like 5-10 times what Anderson or Borchard would make for the same role.  And with at least Anderson being a better defensive replacement, I just can't see that making business sense.

We're talking about being a dh though. I still think Brian is starting in center here next year or someone else just don't see him back in aaa and I definitely don't see him as a backup. We'll see what happens, I'm just saying it wouldnt completely surprise me if Carl was back next year.

I think Giles has to be the #1 FA target of the Sox. He's a left handed bat whose done nothing but hit and get on base his entire career.

A 3 yr 24 mill deal with some incentives would be pretty fair if you ask me. His numbers could warrant bigger pay, but it doesn't seem like that many people are overly interested in him (although this is a bit premature since the FA period has yet to start).

The other nice thing about Giles is that he can play all 3 outfield positions solidly and thats a nice feature.

wud be great to get giles and konerko..

only way that has a chance in hell tho is if konerko wants to be a chi-town star and signs with the sox and not the other clubs.

thus giving us the chance to fight for giles in a FA market. and then we make the outfield of

pods rowand dye and dh : giles or in anything like that.

or some how do it : pods, girls, dye and dh : frank

i just dont think frank can play a full year again, and id hate to see rowand go - who imo is such a wonder to have on the team. (him aj and crede, and his defensive ability)

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
A bit OT.. what is Furcal's status..?

FA, looking to command a contract in the neihborhood of 8-11 million and If I were to guess, he'll get something like a 4yr 40 mill deal (basically Jimmy Rollins type numbers).

The Cubs are going to be hot after Furcal and Damon (don't know if they'd be willing to sign both, but the Cubs are going to make it a priority to get at least one of them).