Couch says: Sign Frank for $3M

JUGGERNAUT

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I hope the Sox approach the Thomas situation by building the team without him in mind, then give him an incentive laden contract and hope he becomes a huge bonus for them.

:notworthy

Exactly. It worked this season when we had Everett as insurance. I hope Kenny does the same thing for next season. Find a viable alternative at DH in case Frank gets injured again but bring Frank back to a cheap contract.

Frank being Frank, I see him putting up better numbers if he was "screwed" by the Sox and signs elsewhere. He has a ton of pride and if he was to switch uniforms, he'd be on a mission.

Having said that, there should be some consideration by the team for Franks total career contribution, and total career compensation. Much like they did with Jordan in one of his last seasons. Maybe $6,000,000 is too much for 2006, but he was seriously underpaid a few seasons compared to his peers. JR should step in, reward the face of the franchise, and not have it handcuff Kenny.

Frank will be productive, witness his not fully healed numbers from this season.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
I totally disagree with you.

It may be one injury, but it's going to be a Grant Hill type injury.  One that will never go away and will plague him for the rest of the career.

What have you all been smokin?

I mean, s***!

How are you gonna say the man that has worn one uniform for 15 years is done?

You obviously are gettin basketball and baseball mixed up. All he is gonna have to do is demolish the ball, which he is still very capable of doing, every at-bat he gets. The only way, the only way he gets hurt again is if he either: 1. Comes back to quick, again or 2. Plays the field. Grant Hill just had bad luck with his ankle/foot, whatever, and you should never compare a basketball injury to baseball.

Were the hell to you come up with all this magical opitions of a replacement? Delgado, Ramirez? No way. Like you are gonna wave you wand and..poof...No.

Although the only thing I agree with here is to have a backup plan. but wont be needed.