free agent wish list

mike12345

As long as this is a "wish" list, Hideki Matsui would be a nice upgrade over Carl. If not, Carl is a free agent now...

Also, if Ozzie really wants to move Iguchi to the middle of the order, we could use a good number two hitter. Furcal would fit the bill with Iguchi moving to DH, but he may be too overpriced which might knock the whole team payroll/team chemistry out of whack.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
You have to give up something to get something.  And this year's free agent market SUCKS.

I agree. None of our starting pitchers are going anywhere I'll guarantee you that. The only regular I see as possible trade bait is Aaron but we shall see.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
Guys and gals, we will TRADE if we do anything.

In fact, I'd say we would trade for sure.

The core will probably be the same, however, I'd imagine that a couple of "favorites" will most likely move to get that OBP guy we all wanted on July 31.

The only guys who likely could be traded are Marte and El Duque, or some minor leaguers. No Sox regular will be traded.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
The only guys who likely could be traded are Marte and El Duque, or some minor leaguers. No Sox regular will be traded.

Again, you have to give up something to get something. Let's quit the X-Box thinking. *IF* we go the trade route, we're going to have to give up some pieces.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
Again, you have to give up something to get something.  Let's quit the X-Box thinking.  *IF* we go the trade route, we're going to have to give up some pieces.

If KW liked the team chemistry in 2005, what makes you think he'll mess with it in 2006 by trading away a Rowand, Uribe or Crede?

I'll stand by my prediction that no sox regular will be traded. That's not "Xbox" thinking--it's "why mess with a good thing?"

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Because, frankly, they won't catch lightning in a bottle twice without a solid #3.  They know this.  And for the first time in years and years, they have payroll flexibility.

I'll take my chances with this pitching staff instead of trading one of our pitchers away for a 3 hitter.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
I'll take my chances with this pitching staff instead of trading one of our pitchers away for a 3 hitter.

Agree, but the problem is one injury from being out of the "most competetive division in baseball". The team was special, but they need more horses to stay competing in the long run.

Man, I'm sounding like Antonio Osuna and some others... yes, we won... but this team will NOT win again with the exact same lineup.

I think they can be BETTER next year, but there's going to have to be some give and take most likely.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
If KW liked the team chemistry in 2005, what makes you think he'll mess with it in 2006 by trading away a Rowand, Uribe or Crede?

I'll stand by my prediction that no sox regular will be traded. That's not "Xbox" thinking--it's "why mess with a good thing?"

I believe this was the thinking that got the Angels into trouble in 2003.

Not to say it won't work for us, but something to think about.

As long as we add a #3 hitter, preferably (IMO) one wearing #35, we'll have upgraded.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)

As long as we add a #3 hitter, preferably (IMO) one wearing #35, we'll have upgraded.

That's a good point. I hope he is 100%, and then it doesn't matter. Anything short of 100%, sorry, but it won't work.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)

This seems to be the popular opinion but we're not the Angels, that team didnt have near the starting pitching this team does. If you guys want some changes that's absolutely fine but don't have the 03 Angels be the reason.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)

:notworthy