Spurs @ bulls.

qwerty

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Does anyone here think the Spurs have a shot at 70 this season?

They already lost a game. I highly doubt it. This board seems to overate the spurs to no end and think this is the greatest team in the history of the nba. I still think three teams from the east can beat them in the finals. Pacers, pistons, and heat... in that order. I put them in that order because you need to beat the spurs at their own game. I view think the pacers and pistons defense will be very similar except i give the nod to the pacers on defense. I still don't know what to think about the heat, it is far too early to tell for me.

After the spurs bounce back loss they might beat the s*** out of us. On the other hand we play up to our opponents pretty well... as well as playing down to an opponents level.

Those starting lineups are decent matchups, but jeeeez-US, I didnt realize how awesome the Spurs bench was.

I dont think that bulls stand much of a chance, but their only chance is if they come out smokin hot and D it up for the entire game.

I think Tim Thomas is going to have a big effect in the Bulls outcome tonite. I cant put my finger on it, I have no reason why, but I think he will be big.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
They already lost a game. I highly doubt it. This board seems to overate the spurs to no end and think this is the greatest team in the history of the nba. I still think three teams from the east can beat them in the finals. Pacers, pistons, and heat... in that order. I put them in that order because you need to beat the spurs at their own game. I view think the pacers and pistons defense will be very similar except i give the nod to the pacers on defense. I still don't know what to think about the heat, it is far too early to tell for me.

After the spurs bounce back loss they might beat the s*** out of us. On the other hand we play up to our opponents pretty well...  as well as playing down to an opponents level.

I think you underrated the spurs to no end. They aren't going to come close to 70 wins but I just don't think anyone can beat them.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
I think you underrated the spurs to no end.  They aren't going to come close to 70 wins but I just don't think anyone can beat them.

No one here even says why they think they are unbeatable. They just are?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)

After the spurs bounce back loss they might beat the s*** out of us. On the other hand we play up to our opponents pretty well...  as well as playing down to an opponents level.

I agree with your assesment qwerty. That said, the Spurs will run away with the West and I'll be shocked if they aren't in the NBA finals. The east is much more of a battle and with that my favorite team in the east is the Pacers.

That said Detroit and Miami both have the weapons and skills to win the championship as well. Still its too early to see how teams will do. How will Detroit play defensively (will they be as good as in years past) and how much better will they be offensively (Flip Saunders is a very very good offensive coach and the question is if he can keep that defense in sink, if he can, the Pistons may end up being better this year than they were last year).

And Miami, its gonna be a while till we know how good they are. They had so many pieces change that its going to take some time for Van Gundy to realize the players he has and the rotations to use and its going to take the players a long time to get comfortable with each other.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)

I don't know if I'd say they are unbeatable. But right now, who in the Western conference is not at least 1-2 steps below them?

The key players from the championship team last year are all back. And Tony Parker looks like he's j ust getting better with time. On top of that, through the additions to their bench, they have the ability to give guys like Duncan and Ginobili more rest without killing them in ballgames. This may help keep guys healthy for longer.

Yes, there are teams in the East that can beat them in a 7 game series. But they only play those teams a handfull of times during the regular season, and half of them will be at home.

Barring major injuries, I don't see anyone in the Western Conference that can truly beat them. Maybe Houston or Denver could pull something together, but the Spurs are well coached, talented, and deep, and that will drag them through the regular season in veyr good shape.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)

No team is unbeatable. There really aren't any dominant teams, especially this early in the season.

But they're the defending champs and they really didn't get any worse, so they have to be considered the best team right now. I saw them handle the cavs fairly easily.

The teams you named from the East are certainly capable of beating them, but they haven't looked so great either, especially the heat. And nets didn't look so hot when I watched them against the bucks.