37-year old weds 15-year old

Texsox

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/5323287/detail.html

GAINESVILLE, Ga. -- A 37-year-old woman charged with child molestation after being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy whom she married last week is scheduled to be in court later this month.

The Times of Gainesville quotes unidentified members of the boy's family as saying that Lynnette Clark is pregnant with the boy's child and that they were married Tuesday. The boy's grandmother -- Judy Hayles -- said she received a notice of the marriage from Dawson County because she is the boy's guardian.

more

QUOTE(FoxySoxGirl @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
What's the deal with people getting knocked up in high school? Contraceptives? Maybe? That age difference is just highly wrong as well. :banghead

If she is in high school, she must either be a teacher or really stupid . . .

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)

GAINESVILLE, Ga. -- A 37-year-old woman charged with child molestation after being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy whom she married last week is scheduled to be in court later this month.

The Times of Gainesville quotes unidentified members of the boy's family as saying that Lynnette Clark is pregnant with the boy's child and that they were married Tuesday. The boy's grandmother -- Judy Hayles -- said she received a notice of the marriage from Dawson County because she is the boy's guardian.

Unbelievable...there's a Gainesville in Georgia as well as Florida?

With all due respect to Steff and Soxy, there are probably more than a few guys here who are thinking at 15, sex with a willing female would have been pretty cool. Whether that is societal norms, or real differences in males vs. females, I don't know.

I do know at 15 I was sexually active and really would have though an older woman was cool.

Now, as an adult, I see the abuse and how it would effect a kid. I'm not sure at what point between 15 and 44 I came to realize that.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
With all due respect to Steff and Soxy, there are probably more than a few guys here who are thinking at 15, sex with a willing female would have been pretty cool. Whether that is societal norms, or real differences in males vs. females, I don't know.

I do know at 15 I was sexually active and really would have though an older woman was cool.

Now, as an adult, I see the abuse and how it would effect a kid. I'm not sure at what point between 15 and 44 I came to realize that.

Well im 19 and if the lady was pretty wouldnt seem like a half bad idea so it was prob in your 20's :P

On the other hand, Tex

Edit: I meant, "with all due respect, Tex" :)

Edited by Mercy!

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)

I think there's something fundamentally different from what you said, and that I can kind of see the point in and the truth in and saying "Man, I never got molested when I was 15. Lucky kid." Did I have a huge crush on one of my teacher's in high school--yeah. He was hot. But, most adults are smart enough to realize you don't f*** children (and, yes, I do think of 15 year olds as children). That's why we're in a position of power--because we can make judgements that positively affect and reflect the best outcomes for children. Saying someone's "lucky" for being molested is just asinine.

That statement is ignorant, sick, offensive, callous, and I can't even go on.