Lets stir up the pot a bit

RockRaines

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Not a chance in hell I would give up those 3 players for any player not named Albert Pujols.

I would give up those three in a second. I don't think the M's would take a package unless it included Garland or B-Mac. Or both.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
Not a chance in hell I would give up those 3 players for any player not named Albert Pujols.

I agree with you there. I'm all for improving the team as is, but if it takes three of our great prospects to do so, especially for someone who doesn't draw the walk all that much, I wouldn't do it.

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
I agree with you there.  I'm all for improving the team as is, but if it takes three of our great prospects to do so, especially for someone who doesn't draw the walk all that much, I wouldn't do it.

Walks? He averages 230 hits a year and an .377 OBP. He's also one of the most unique talents in baseball, for three prospects. I wouldn't flinch. But, unless we give them a proven big league starter it'll never happen.

QUOTE(shakes @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
Walks? He averages 230 hits a year and an .377 OBP. He's also one of the most unique talents in baseball, for three prospects. I wouldn't flinch. But, unless we give them a proven big league starter it'll never happen.

He also has almost 700 AB's a year, and will wear down easily, as shown by last year's decrease in numbers.

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
He also has almost 700 AB's a year, and will wear down easily, as shown by last year's decrease in numbers.

That to me is a sign of durability. He had very similar numbers in 2003 and look how he followed that up. Besides, the M's were awfull last year.

QUOTE(shakes @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
That to me is a sign of durability. He had very similar numbers in 2003 and look how he followed that up. Besides, the M's were awfull last year.

What does the M's being crap last year have anything to do with it? That should just mean that he gets less AB's, because the other players on the team can't get on.

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
What does the M's being crap last year have anything to do with it?  That should just mean that he gets less AB's, because the other players on the team can't get on.

People in their organization have been saying he was bored with losing and hates the lack of leadership in the clubhouse. This is why all of this started. Some of this may have led to his "down" year.

Personally I would trade Rowand and Garland for Ichiro, he is that good of a player.. Garland had one good year, I am leary of having him repeat his performance.

this would allow anderson and speed in the lineup ElDque as the number 5 again, Bmac at 3

My thing is if He comes here Dye is our new 1b, I don't think we can sign both Ichrio and Paulie.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Personally I would trade Rowand and Garland for Ichiro, he is that good of a player.. Garland had one good year, I am leary of having him repeat his performance.

this would allow anderson and speed in the lineup ElDque as the number 5 again, Bmac at 3

My thing is if He comes here Dye is our new 1b, I don't think we can sign both Ichrio and Paulie.

That's actually the first trade proposal involving trading ARow I've heard that's actally appealing. BUT, Garland and ARow are excellent players, and as I've said before, no one is at liberty so say that they are going to get worse or not get better.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)

Why would Seattle want Rowand? They've already got Reed in CF (and he played great defense for them too BTW). They're going to need to upgrade the offense way more than that if they're going to trade Ichiro.

It takes two to tango. Ichiro means much more to that franchise then a lot of people realize.

I think Matsui's new deal with the Yankees showed that the top of the line Japanese players, which IMO only right now includes Ichiro and Matsui, are worth more to the teams financially then numbers will show.

Before i get attacked, what I mean by "top of the line" is the players who were phenoms in Japan. I know Iguchi and other players were popular and still are in Japan, Ichiro and Matsui are absolute superstars there, and they bring in a lot of Japanese advertising money.

Why would Seattle want Rowand? They've already got Reed in CF (and he played great defense for them too BTW). They're going to need to upgrade the offense way more than that if they're going to trade Ichiro.

It takes two to tango. Ichiro means much more to that franchise then a lot of people realize.

I just said that those are the 2 I would give up. I understand how much Ichiro means to seattle, and it would take alot to get him here, but I would only give up those 2 to get him.

As for where Rowand would play, he can play either RF/LF it was my understanding that he came up as a Corner OF, he would go there, which ever he play with reed in CF that part ofthe field is covered!