ARow Appreciation Thread

Heads22

From the lnik above:

"I don't hold any animosity toward the White Sox. If anything, it would be a thank you for the opportunity they gave me to be a part of this organization and to be a part of a world championship.

"To Jerry Reinsdorf, Kenny, Ozzie and all those guys responsible for giving me a shot to be where I'm at now, it's a big thank you," Rowand added. "I have nothing but love for the organization, the city of Chicago, the fans, and of course, my teammates."

Class. Pure class. Fare thee well Aaron.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
I believe that is incorrect. The FA part, I mean.

"The Associated Press reports the Chicago White Sox signed OF Aaron Rowand to a two-year, $5.25 million contract Friday, Jan. 14, avoiding arbitration. Rowand will earn $2 million in 2005 and $3.25 million in 2006. Additionally, he holds a player option for 2007 at $3.25 million. If he declines it, the White Sox can exercise a $5 million option."

Only a Player Option for 2007.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
"The Associated Press reports the Chicago White Sox signed OF Aaron Rowand to a two-year, $5.25 million contract Friday, Jan. 14, avoiding arbitration. Rowand will earn $2 million in 2005 and $3.25 million in 2006. Additionally, he holds a player option for 2007 at $3.25 million. If he declines it, the White Sox can exercise a $5 million option."

Only a Player Option for 2007.

Ok, technically you are correct. BUT, :) what are the odds of both Aaaron and the Phillies declining the options?

Aaron we're gonna miss you.

you were the epitome of what got us to the world series this year - we didnt have all the talent but we worked hard, and none worked harder than you.

I'll miss the guy - a lot. I'll miss him catching literally EVERYTHING in CF... he was one of my favorites...

Aaron, thanks for all your hard work and effort over the years. The Sox wouldn't have won the championship this season without you. If all major leaguers played with your drive and desire, baseball would be a much greater game.

And more importantly, you are a great teammate and classy guy all the way. Best of luck in Philly, and maybe some day down the road we'll see you in a Sox uniform again. I will always root for you. :notworthy

While I am stoked about getting Thome and people are trying to convince us Anderson and other prospects will live up to playing CF for Aaron, Aaron is a spectacular Center fielder, a team player, a stooge, a really funny guy in the clubhouse, and a MAJOR factor that made the 2005 Chicago White Sox what it was. Aaron, personally I love you, I wish you well in Philly, and you will be greatly missed.

Here's to you, Aaron. :cheers

this is the worst trade KW has made. A young, talented player who has not reached potential yet, for an old guy who was injured 2/3 of the season.

I loved Rowand. HE WAS WHITE SOX BASEBALL IN ONE PLAYER. I wish him luck in Phillie and my new second favorite team.

QUOTE(TimoandAaron @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 04:53 AM)
this is the worst trade KW has made. A young, talented player who has not reached potential yet, for an old guy who was injured 2/3 of the season.

I loved Rowand. HE WAS WHITE SOX BASEBALL IN ONE PLAYER.  I wish him luck in Phillie and my new second favorite team.

every trade kenny williams makes is the worst trade he makes

according to someone on this site =P

I loved Rowand. HE WAS WHITE SOX BASEBALL IN ONE PLAYER.  I wish him luck in Phillie and my new second favorite team.

Your opinion is of the group that has too much of an emotional tie to Sox players. You guys never want to see any fan favorites leave the team. We needed a lefty power bat and a #3 hitter. Now we have both. If Thome is healthy, this trade has immediately improved our offense. And I doubt the Sox would trade for Thome without knowing that he would be 100% healthy to start next season. All Brian Anderson has to do is play good defense and put up around a .736 OPS and we will not miss Rowand, the player. We will all miss Rowand, the fan favorite though.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
Your opinion is of the group that has too much of an emotional tie to Sox players.  You guys never want to see any fan favorites leave the team.  We needed a lefty power bat and a #3 hitter.  Now we have both.  If Thome is healthy, this trade has immediately improved our offense.  And I doubt the Sox would trade for Thome without knowing that he would be 100% healthy to start next season.  All Brian Anderson has to do is play good defense and put up around a .736 OPS and we will not miss Rowand, the player.  We will all miss Rowand, the fan favorite though.

Why would you post this in a Rowand appreciation thread?

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
If Thome is healthy, this trade has immediately improved our offense.

exactly.

If he is healthy.

He could get hurt in spring training as far as we know.

and plus, Crash was my favorite player. I dont like him because he is a fan favorite, i liked him 3 years ago when nobody knew about him.

Aaron,

Thanks for being such a good player and such a great person. You are one of the best CF in the league and you always got it done at the plate when we needed it. I know it sucks to leave the city you love so much. White sox fans will not forget you. I hope you sign with us again when your contract is up.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7001193922 :puke

Thome-Rowland Trade Complete Between Phillies And White Sox

November 26, 2005 12:09 p.m. EST

Matthew Borghese - All Headline News Staff Writer

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (AHN) - The Philadelphia Phillies have finalized a trade with the Chicago White Sox, sending hitter Jim Thome to Chicago for center fielder, Aaron Rowland.

The deal, announced Wednesday, was final on Saturday after both men passed a physical exam.

As per the agreement, the Phillies will also receive minor-league left-hander, Daniel Haigwood, and a player to be named later.

A source tells ESPN that the second minor leaguer the Phillies will receive is Gio Gonzalez, a supplemental first-round pick (38th overall) for the White Sox in the 2004 draft.