Boston offers Ramirez

GreatScott82

Boston offers Manny Ramerez to Philadelphia for Bobby Abreu but the Phillies rejected! It doesn't look like he will be staying in Boston after all. Boston is shopping him not only listening to offers.

Looks like the Ortiz-Ramerez power-combo is finished.

Does this mean the Thome-Konerko power-combo is the new best in the AL?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Boston offers Manny Ramerez to Philadelphia for Bobby Abreu but the Phillies rejected! It doesn't look like he will be staying in Boston after all. Boston is shopping him not only listening to offers.

Looks like the Ortiz-Ramerez power-combo is finished.

Does this mean the Thome-Konerko power-combo is the new best in the AL?

It depends on where he goes. If Manny were to actually go to one of the teams he wants to play for, I'd say Vlad/Manny or Hafner/Manny would be better, although the latter is highly unlikely. Depending on what kind of talent Boston got back, Ortiz and the new guy might still be better, like Abreu/Ortiz and the previously rumored Beltran/Ortiz. Also, there is a lot that has to go right for Boston to be able to unload Manny, so I wouldn't say that he is absolutely gone from the Red Sox until the trade is finalized. Either way, I'd still say that A-Rod/Sheffield is the clubhouse favorite at least until we know that Thome is his old self again if Manny moves.

It depends on where he goes. If Manny were to actually go to one of the teams he wants to play for, I'd say Vlad/Manny or Hafner/Manny would be better, although the latter is highly unlikely. Depending on what kind of talent Boston got back, Ortiz and the new guy might still be better, like Abreu/Ortiz and the previously rumored Beltran/Ortiz. Also, there is a lot that has to go right for Boston to be able to unload Manny, so I wouldn't say that he is absolutely gone from the Red Sox until the trade is finalized. Either way, I'd still say that A-Rod/Sheffield is the clubhouse favorite at least until we know that Thome is his old self again if Manny moves.

Yes, it is very unlikely. If the Indians couldn't even trade for Thome or sign Giles, they aren't going to give up a ton of prospects and take on part of Manny's huge salary.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
Boston wants an ace pitcher in return from what I heard. That means Manny is staying in Boston. I can't see any team giving Boston what they want. I question Philly though because I would've done Manny for Abreu straight up.

Philly said they want a top of the rotation starter for Abreu.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Boston wants an ace pitcher in return from what I heard. That means Manny is staying in Boston. I can't see any team giving Boston what they want. I question Philly though because I would've done Manny for Abreu straight up.

That doesn't mean that the price won't go down as the season approaches if Manny really keeps saying he won't play.

I bet several teams might even be betting on that and just holding their cards.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
I don't even like to see or hear the words Manny and White Sox together.

Our team could probably hit 250HR's with that lineup next year. We'd drive in a crazy amount of runs. Who'd stop our team with that much hitting and that great of pitching?

CF - Podsednik

2B - Iguchi

LF - Ramirez

DH - Thome

1B - Konerko

RF - Dye

C - AJ Pierzynski

3B - Crede

SS - Uribe

I could only dream.

Edited by nitetrain8601

I just hope to god he doesnt go to Cleveland....

Manny, Hafner, V-Mart, Sizemore, and Peralta....... yeah that scares me.

Id say it would look like this

Coco Crisp

Sizemore

Manny

Hafner

V-Mart

Peralta

does it matter?

How are the Indians going to be able to afford Manny? They wouldn't give up the prospects for Thome. They couldn't sign Giles. They damn sure aren't going to give up a ton of prospects and pick up a huge portion of Manny's contract. It's common sense, especially considering they still need to try to re-sign Millwood, sign a closer, and also need a decent first baseman.

Edited by SSH2005

well they wouldnt need a decent 1B w/ that lineup broussard or whoevr they have would be fine. Im not 2 sure about them resigning Millwood but I heard Hoffman for 2 years 8 million total.

Their payroll is really small if they bring in Manny it could get the fans excited again and they have some prospects that they can give for the Red Sox to eat part of it at least.

Even w/out Millwood they got Sabathia, Westbrook, and Cliff Lee and w/ a lineup like that it could be all they need. Hell they prob could bring back elarton for a pretty cheap price and than gave Davis another shot at the 5th spot. Elarton didnt have a good era but he is pretty decent and could put up a solid 4.5 era

Than keep in mind they still have Riske and Betancourt in the bullpen to be setup guys. and Matt Miller is pretty decent also.

Their payroll is really small if they bring in Manny it could get the fans excited again and they have some prospects that they can give for the Red Sox to eat part of it at least.

You answered your own question. That's exactly why the Indians won't be getting Manny. Manny is going to earn $64 million over the next 3 years. The Indians would have to give up good prospects and still take on quite a bit of Manny's contract. They can't afford to do both of those things.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
Best case scenario: Boston offers Manny for Timo and Boston takes 3/4 of Manny's contract.

um shutup, if its not gonna happen then dont say it

manny will go to either phillies mets or mariners, personally IMO