Cubs will offer Korey Patterson arbitration

SSH2005

With KW's latest wheelings and dealings, could the life of a Cubs fan get any worse? Yes, it can...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

Juan Pierre was acquired to take Corey Patterson's job in center field, but it doesn't necessarily mean the Cubs will trade their enigmatic outfielder.

After Pierre's introductory news conference Wednesday at Wrigley Field, general manager Jim Hendry disclosed he would offer Patterson arbitration next week and might give him the right-field job in 2006.

Just brutal. :lolhitting

I don't hate scrub fans as much. I pity them like cattle strolling into a slaughter house. The scubs aren't worth my energy to hate. The only reason I don't completely ignore the scrubs is so that I continue to know more about their team than they do. It helps me shut them up faster.

It's good to be a fan of the World Champions isn't it?

Can Patterson decline arbitration so he can get the hell out of there and try to salvage his career?

what? my brain can't even compute the possibility of this move. So your outfield would be Murton/Pierre/Patterson, then start Walker and Cedeno at SS and 2b? No way, I love to laugh at Cubs fans and I think Hendry is WAY overrated, but there's not a chance in hell he walks out with that to start 06.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
what?  my brain can't even compute the possibility of this move.  So your outfield would be Murton/Pierre/Patterson, then start Walker and Cedeno at SS and 2b?  No way, I love to laugh at Cubs fans and I think Hendry is WAY overrated, but there's not a chance in hell he walks out with that to start 06.

That is pretty damn pathetic.

I guess Hendry realizes now it's going to be way too hard to trade for anyone good so they might settle with K- Pat. But they might still get Jones according to some rumors here (I dont have any news on him) or I heard on the radio they will offer Burnitz a contract for less money ( dont know anything on that either) but that's what I heard on the radio.

See unlike the Sox, the Cubs dont have the things out teams want and where they do, they can't afford to lose them.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

I guess Hendry realizes now it's going to be way too hard to trade for anyone good so they might settle with K- Pat.  But they might still get Jones according to some rumors here (I dont have any news on him) or I heard on the radio they will offer Burnitz a contract for less money ( dont know anything on that either) but that's what I heard on the radio.

See unlike the Sox, the Cubs dont have the things out teams want and where they do, they can't afford to lose them.

Well when you lose out on the Furcal bidding, trade 3 pitchers from our minors for a rental, overpay for 2 Avg bullpen arms..How do you expect to have anything left to trade and make a deal for a OF who actually is needed. I made the suggest that Sosa's a FA they should go after him, he is the face of the Cubs MO.

"It's a Jabronism Korey Patterson. Because he strikes out a lot."

Come on...  even Cubs fans call him that.  I didn't make it up.

Officially out from behind the curtain.

Good for you for finally admitting it.

Edited by JimH