Possible Garland and Uribe

Sonik22

They were discussing the possibility of the sox trading garland and uribe to the o's for miggy tejada. This trade seems logical with garland being up for arbitration and tejada said he wants to play for ozzie. As sweet as this trade would be i think the o's would get the short end and Uribe is my favorite player. This is just a possibility so don't jump all over me.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
holy s***.

After this post, it just dawned on me how good we can really be with tejada.

amazing... amazing..

is this really a possibility? am i dreaming? under the radar?

we're already good without him, though. we did win the world series!

he'd be nice, but he costs too much, in my opinion.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
we're already good without him, though.  we did win the world series!

Furcal is getting paid more than him next year. He will make as much as PK next year. For a guy who hit like 150 rbis two seasons ago, I have to disagree with your opinion.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
we're already good without him, though.  we did win the world series!

If you're talking in terms of talent that we would have to give up then that's certainly a possibility. If we're talking about from a financial point of view, Miggy is probably one of the better values in baseball.

Edited by Rowand44

If the O's demand Count instead of Garland (in addition to Uribe), do you think KW does this deal?

I don't think I would...

I don't like how all the reports say the Sox might trade Garland OR Count...I wish we'd lock Count up ASAP. I really don't wanna lose him. I think he's a potential '06 Cy Young...

count wont be traded if he signs contract

the way i see it, is kw gave garland + count oppertunitys to stay with the team and continue the power pitching style.

If the didnt accept, then hed find other ways.

conteras i believe is said to be close to accepting the terms

garland declined.

If the O's demand Count instead of Garland (in addition to Uribe), do you think KW does this deal?

I don't think I would...

I don't like how all the reports say the Sox might trade Garland OR Count...I wish we'd lock Count up ASAP.  I really don't wanna lose him.  I think he's a potential '06 Cy Young...

KW will trade whomever sounds like they want to test free agency, which is Garland. It sounds like Contreras is willing to accept a decent deal with us...

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sportsstory.asp?id=132181

At some point before the start of the 2006 season, Garland is a near lock to be traded.

Sox general manager Kenny Williams would neither confirm nor deny such a move Wednesday. But he did indicate that Jose Contreras appears willing to accept a reasonable multiyear contract.

Edited by SSH2005

KW simply will not bring Tejada over here. His contract is too big for there estimated '90 million dollar payroll' for the 2006 season. I'm guessing they will trade Garland for a solid reliever and a couple of stud pitching prospects. McCarthy will be our 5th starter and Anderson will be our starting CF in 2006. But i guess with KW you never know?

Uribe's 2006 salary: $3.15 mil

Garland's estimated 06 salary: $8 mil

Total: $11.15

Tejada's 2006 salary: $12 mil

I don't think that extra $1-2 million is going to matter that much when getting a player like Tejada. Money is not the issue here, it's whether the O's are going to trade him or not.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
Anyone think there'd be a chance of replacing Uribe with Crede instead?  I just like what Uribe brings, and also the fact that he dumped Boras to stay here.

if it was up to me i wouldn't want to loose either of them. They have so much potential that i'd like to keep them around. Then again tejada is amazing and it would be worth it.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
Personally I would rather Kenny trades the Count for the biggest reason of his age...although the guy is strong as a bull and seems to have endless stamina, you just never know with the older guys.

So your saying that KW should trade Count for what reason? If we trade him Garland still won't sign as extension so then we would lose both of them. Count will sign an extension it sounds like, guessing it will be for 3 years, I don't think his age will play to much of a factor in to it. That's whyyou trade Garland instead.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
I do not want Contreras going anywhere, the guy is just going to be a total stud this season and our best pitcher imo.  He's to damn good to let go of.

With what's looking like a much improved offense, I don't doubt Jose can win 20 games in 06. He's that good!

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(kevo880 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
I think he can too, however can he put it together for an entire season?

I get a kick out of those who act like Jose was sleepwalking the first half. Jose had a damn good first half, IMO. He was excellent in April, May and the first part of June. He hit a little slump at the end of June and into July that saw his era jump up some. But he was very good most of the year.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 07:23 AM)
I get a kick out of those who act like Jose was sleepwalking the first half.  Jose had a damn good first half,  IMO.  He was excellent in April,  May and the first part of June.  He hit a little slump at the end of June and into July that saw his era jump up some.  But he was very good most of the year.

absolutely, i remember something like we only scored more than three runs for him like 2 in 2 months worth of starts, and one of those times was shingos breakdown against the tribe where he left with a 5-2 lead. (the night i went to the decemberists concert :headbang )

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
I get a kick out of those who act like Jose was sleepwalking the first half.  Jose had a damn good first half,  IMO.  He was excellent in April,  May and the first part of June.  He hit a little slump at the end of June and into July that saw his era jump up some.  But he was very good most of the year.

In the first half, Jose was the master of the 35-40 pitch first inning. He did that twice to me in games I went to.