Wille Harris & Timo Perez=Gone

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(timotime @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
typical of you haters to be jealous of timo. you wish you could hit bloop singles in the clutch like timo does. keep hatin', haters.

So Timo was worth $1M just for the bloop singles? How many of em were in his 29 singles in 2005? How many bloop singles were there in his .220 BA/RISP?

Timo's Gross Production Average in 2005 was a whopping .190. To put it simply, .200 is lousy. Anything below that, is just plain out terrible.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie's got interest already;

Short an infielder after trading Edgardo Alfonzo, the Giants could target Willie Harris, who was non-tendered by the White Sox.

They've previously expressed interest in him, so he could be the choice, though they might prefer someone with more experience at shortstop. The Rockies are also expected to pursue Harris. Dec. 22 - 2:45 am et

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
He's sure to beat out Mark Loretta and Tony Graffanino!  ;)

I obviously don't think he can either, but I am just telling you what I have heard. I am sure they will tell him that, and then just use him as a utility player, but you never know.

I obviously don't think he can either, but I am just telling you what I have heard.  I am sure they will tell him that, and then just use him as a utility player, but you never know.

I know. I'm just surprised that they would want to add Willie.

Mark Loretta

Tony Graffanino

Alex Cora

They seem to have more than enough guys who can play 2B. They need a good SS.

According to the Denver Post, Junior Spivey has offers with $1.3 million base salaries from both the Rockies and Cardinals and is leaning toward joining St. Louis.

It's an obvious choice for Spivey if Colorado is holding on to the idea that Spivey would be a utilityman behind inferior players in second baseman Luis Gonzalez and third baseman Garrett Atkins. Spivey would likely start right away in St. Louis. The Rockies are expected to move on to Willie Harris if they fail to sign Spivey. The Giants and Red Sox are also reportedly looking at Harris.

Source:  Denver Post

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
He's sure to beat out Mark Loretta and Tony Graffanino!  ;)

You play willie against strickly righties and he will get on at a damn good clip...( easily over .360) while being a very good base runner, and being one of the best fielding second baseman in the league. I honestly think the only guy better than him is hudson... who is just as redirk as they come. I know you hate willie but alot of people undervalue what he can bring to a team because he is a douche.

You play willie against strickly righties and he will get on at a damn good clip...( easily over .360) while being a very good base runner, and being one of the best fielding second baseman in the league. I honestly think the only guy better than him is hudson... who is just as redirk as they come. I know you hate willie but alot of people undervalue what he can bring to a team because he is a douche.

The Cardinals just signed Junior Spivey so the Rockies will probably sign Willie and platoon him with Luis A. Gonzalez, who sucks against righties.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 05:57 AM)
add willie harris to the list of possible red sox centerfielders..

Uh huh, and what are the Red Sox gonna think when Willay gets a hold of the clubhouse boombox?

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

WHERE YOU AT!?

THERE YOU GO!

WHERE YOU AT!?

THERE YOU GO!

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

PEANUT BUTTER JEL-LAY!

PEANUT BUTTER JEL-LAY!

PEANUT BUTTER JEL-LAY!