Wille Harris & Timo Perez=Gone

AddisonStSox

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
You must see a lot of flyballs in their future.  :ph34r:

The sad thing is that Freddy has been anything but a flyball pitcher since coming ot the Sox (last season he had the highest GO/AO on the staff) yet some people ride him when he has a rough outing (usually at home.) Vazquez usually has a high K/9 and last season had a GO/AO of 1.2

Ozuna knows how to slap the ball and take advantage of his speed. He also knows he's not a home run hitter. Willie never did learn how to take advantage of his speed (which I still claim that he's not as fast as people think he is). As a matter of fact, I'd bet that Ozuna is faster than Willie.

The sad thing is that Freddy has been anything but a flyball pitcher since coming ot the Sox (last season he had the highest GO/AO on the staff) yet some people ride him when he has a rough outing (usually at home.)  Vazquez usually has a high K/9 and last season had a GO/AO of 1.2

Garcia did get a lot better pitching at the Cell from 2004 to 2005. He was really bad at the Cell in 2004.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
He's got no minor-league options left, let's see Borchard compete for a fourth outfielder's spot in spring training.  I'm not even really speaking from a sentimental standpoint, but, rather from a baseball point of view.  He's really the only in-house option for some pop off the bench.  Looking on down the rosters, we don't really have any slugger with some power potential coming off the bench other than Borchard in-house.

If Kenny decides to sign DaVannon or the like, I'd have no problem with it.  But, I think Borchard can play all three outfield positions--albeit, not great defensively--and has that LTP we've all been wanting to harness for all these years.

Bring him into camp, let him compete.

I actually really agree with this. We drafted this guy for a reason, lets see if he cant put it together at least before we unload him. He has alot of pop and had a decent 2nd half of the season last year. Lets at least see what he can do before we unload him.