For GOP only

Texsox

So where is the outrage for Biden's macca moments? This is not the first, not the second, but the third time in a year he has managed to say something along this vein, and yet we get to hear Romney's Osama/Obama stuff plastered all over the place.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dl...60393/1006/NEWS

You have to start off with what they start off with. ...

"There's less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African-American," he said, according to an audiotape of the interview with the Post's editorial board on the newspaper's Web site. "There is probably less than 4 or 5 percent that is, are minorities."

Biden then asked what the percentage was in Washington. When told it was the probably "the vast majority," he said, "Yeah. So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you're dealing with.

"When you have children coming from dysfunctional homes, when you have children coming from homes where there's no books, where the mother from the time they're born doesn't talk to them as opposed to the mother in Iowa whose sitting out there and talks to them, the kid starts off with a 300-word larger vocabulary at age three," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/31/bid...bama/index.html

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/200...5513.shtml?s=ic

During a conversation with an Indian-American political activist, Biden said: "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian-Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time, Felix was considered to be not just the favorite for re-election, but also a frontrunner for the GOP Presidential nomination.

Biden doesn't poll over 1% nationally, and is a Senator from Delaware, hardly a state with massive national significance.

Maybe you can answer the question of why the media isn't investigating the price of Romney's haircuts? After all, what John Edwards pays is ridiculously important to so many people.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 02:17 PM)
At the time, Felix was considered to be not just the favorite for re-election, but also a frontrunner for the GOP Presidential nomination.

Biden doesn't poll over 1% nationally, and is a Senator from Delaware, hardly a state with massive national significance.

Maybe you can answer the question of why the media isn't investigating the price of Romney's haircuts? After all, what John Edwards pays is ridiculously important to so many people.

If it is all about national appeal and where they are from, why is Larry freaking Craig such a big deal? Hell he was bigger news than Jefferson who has something like $100k in his freezer!

Anyways, its just interesting to me that a guy running for President can do this three times and no one notices.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 02:14 PM)
Come on, and someone actually like Mitt "transformer" Romney? Not a chance. He's like a schitzo ex-girlfriend.

Well, lets get facts straight here. Romney is LEADING the field in IA and NH, Obama is 2nd in those states in his field. Biden is a blip at best. Not really a like-for-like comparison.

Kind of like comparing the #2 Democrat in the Senate to a House Rep from Colorado. Oh wait...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 02:28 PM)
If it is all about national appeal and where they are from, why is Larry freaking Craig such a big deal? Hell he was bigger news than Jefferson who has something like $100k in his freezer!

Anyways, its just interesting to me that a guy running for President can do this three times and no one notices.

Because Larry Craig never shuts up?

And last time I checked, Jefferson was big news for a number of days as well.

You know, when I first bring up media not covering certain actions or words of Dem politicians, I get "they are local level pols" or "That is a governor, not a Senator". Now you have a national level guy in Biden, and it's "He's not a major enough player". Way to keep moving the goal posts there guys. I dno't care if he is Tancredo level in his poll numbers, he is still running for Pres, that is certainly big enough.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
You know, when I first bring up media not covering certain actions or words of Dem politicians, I get "they are local level pols" or "That is a governor, not a Senator". Now you have a national level guy in Biden, and it's "He's not a major enough player". Way to keep moving the goal posts there guys. I dno't care if he is Tancredo level in his poll numbers, he is still running for Pres, that is certainly big enough.

Liberals own the media and conservatives have never figured out how to get a foothold. Thank GOD for talk radio. :headbang

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 27, 2007 -> 09:42 AM)
Yeah, because we all know those daily death counts just scream 'positive coverage'.

Those deaths should not be covered, it makes the war look bad, and dishonors their sacrifice.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 27, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
Those deaths should not be covered, it makes the war look bad, and dishonors their sacrifice.

I didn't say that. Just wondering how the death counts fit into the MSM master plan of shilling for Bush and the war.

http://www.newsobserver.com/politics/story/751369.html

Student video ruffles Edwards camp

By Ryan Teague Beckwith, Staff Writer

As a student journalist, Carla Babb hopes to work on national news -- not be the subject of it.

But the tables were turned Friday for the UNC-Chapel Hill graduate student when word got out that John Edwards' presidential campaign tried to squelch her story for a campus news program.

Babb, 23, interviewed an Edwards volunteer and a campus columnist about the campaign's headquarters in the upscale Southern Village shopping center in Chapel Hill.

She posted it on YouTube on Tuesday night. The next morning, Colleen Murray, a spokeswoman for the Edwards campaign, called her.

"She said this sounds like it came straight from the Republican Party," Babb said. "She was like, 'This has to come down.' "

Babb referred Murray to her faculty adviser, C.A. Tuggle. Murray and Edwards' communications director, Chris Kofinis, then called Tuggle. He said they asked him not to air the story and to pull it from YouTube.

Tuggle said they threatened to cut off access to Edwards for UNC reporters and other student groups if he did not pull the piece. He declined to do so.

After another UNC professor blogged about the tussle, news spread across the Internet. The video was linked to by the popular online news site The Drudge Report, and reporters for The New York Times called Babb's home.

Tuggle said the Edwards campaign's actions backfired.

"My gosh, what are they thinking?" he said. "They're spending this much time and effort on a student newscast that has about 2,000 viewers? They're turning a molehill into a mountain."

The Edwards campaign would not answer questions about the tussle, but it released a statement saying it had no problem with student reporters in general.

"This is silly," Murray said in the statement. "We love all reporters; the problem is the feeling isn't always mutual."

Two takes on location

The 2 1/2-minute segment includes an interview with James Edward Dillard, a columnist for The Daily Tar Heel, saying that the location of the campaign headquarters conflicts with Edwards' goal of reducing poverty in America.

"To pick that place as your campaign center, when you're going to be the man who advocates on behalf of the poor, I just think, why not turn the media's attention to somewhere where there are huge, huge problems," he said.

Nation Hahn, an Edwards campaign volunteer and UNC student, is quoted saying that the choice of Chapel Hill over Washington, D.C., for the campaign headquarters shows that Edwards is a candidate for the average person, though the choice of Southern Village isn't relevant to the campaign.

"Frankly, Chapel Hill is a relatively affluent area, period, so I don't know where they would rather him place his headquarters," he said.

Babb said she came up with the idea for the story after hearing other students talk about it in the newsroom of "Carolina Week," a student-run program where she works.

She decided to film it for a regular broadcast and an MTV "Choose or Lose" contest in which she is a semifinalist. She posted it on YouTube on Tuesday to meet a contest deadline, though the piece isn't slated to air until Monday.

Online, the segment drew a split reaction. Some who commented said the Edwards campaign overreacted to an innocuous story, while others attacked Babb for being a registered Republican.

Babb said she was surprised, pointing out that she was an intern for U.S. Rep. Bob Etheridge, a Democrat from her hometown of Lillington, while an undergraduate at N.C. State University.

"My political affiliation isn't in any of my stories," she said.

Tuggle, who has overseen the "Carolina Week" news program for eight years and previously worked as a TV reporter in Florida, said that pieces are normally posted on YouTube after they've aired.

Though the program is shown on cable television in 16 counties, he estimates it has about 2,000 viewers. He said a really interesting piece -- such as Babb's earlier segment on state trooper misconduct -- might get as many as 1,000 hits on YouTube as well.

As of midnight Friday, Babb's report on the campaign headquarters already was at 53,000.

ryan.teague.beckwith@newsobserver.com or (919) 812-4955

I really wish the election cycle was so short that stuff like this and Thompson not knowing some B level person quit, would not be news. When it drags on for a couple years, little stuff like this actually has time to be news.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
Tex, I agree with you that this election period is too damn long. 3 or 4 months for the primaries, then another few for the general. Why do we need more?

To spend money, which is a boom to a few industries. News like this is silly. Some one that already thinks negativly about Edwards will believe this is the most important fact in the world to prove their opinion. :lol:

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 05:33 PM)
Tex, I agree with you that this election period is too damn long. 3 or 4 months for the primaries, then another few for the general. Why do we need more?

With Iowa and New Hampshire playing leapfrogging jackasses, who knows when the primary season actually starts?