Bush approval rating now upto 50%

southsider2k5

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
i wonder who they pay to FIND positive ratings.

Well, I'd actually say that Rasmussen is a pretty good polling outfit, they've been very reliable over the last few elections, it's kind of hard to disagree with them if they say that's the number. Their trend line also looks fairly reliable since the start of this month.

I think the Presidential approval polls like this are more a reflection on how Americans are thinking about the country than the President. Plus, this is kind of the lull in the two term President.

I will make a bold prediction that Bush will surge over the next couple years and will peak at 60-65% at some point.

Right now his supporters are still there.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
I think the Presidential approval polls like this are more a reflection on how Americans are thinking about the country than the President. Plus, this is kind of the lull in the two term  President.

I will make a bold prediction that Bush will surge over the next couple years and will peak at 60-65% at some point.

If Iraq is stable and a lot of the troops come home, there's not a lot (right now) that's wrong. That can change in about 5 seconds with another act of terror.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
If Iraq is stable and a lot of the troops come home, there's not a lot (right now) that's wrong.  That can change in about 5 seconds with another act of terror.

I'm not sure how much Iraq will help, domestic issues and a good economy will matter more. I think the American public just wants out of Iraq.

here are all of the recent polls. incl Rasmussen they avg out to an approval rating of 43.07%. Still pretty piss poor. :santabye

Survey Approve Disapprove Unsure .

CNN/USA Today/Gallup 12/16-18/05 41 56 3

ABC/Washington Post 12/15-18/05 47 52 1

NPR LV 12/15, 17-18/05 44 54 2

FOX/Opinion Dynamics RV 12/13-14/05 42 51 7

Diageo/Hotline RV 12/12-13/05 50 47 3

NBC/Wall Street Journal 12/9-12/05 39 55 6

CNN/USA Today/Gallup 12/9-11/05 42 55 3

Cook/RT Strategies 12/8-11/05 42 55 2

Pew 12/7-11/05 38 54 8

Gallup 12/5-8/05 43 52 5

AP-Ipsos * 12/5-7/05 42 57

CBS/New York Times 12/2-6/05 40 53 7

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
here are all of the recent polls. incl Rasmussen they avg out to an approval rating of 43.07%. Still pretty piss poor. :santabye

Oh come on man, just look at what you're averaging. Look at the dates. Some of those are 3 weeks old. In fact, like all but 2 came from before the Iraqi elections, and no one but Rasmussen is going to have sampled anything dealing with the FISA violations. They all came before his most recent primetime attempt to get his poll numbers up too.

Averaging polls doesn't work particularly well at any time, but its going to be even worse when the polls are spread out over 3 weeks of news. All you're doing is trying to damp out variation by including a wider scale. If I took all of Bush's polls from the last 6 months, I bet they'd look pretty bad too, but it wouldn't tell me anything more than if I took his last 5 years worth of polls and discovered that he's averaging liek 70%.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 04:56 AM)
Yup.  And that's the best you can hope for to get the "power" back.  Can't win an election?  Impeach the whole executive branch.

Always coming back to Clinton and Monica . . .

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 05:56 AM)
Yup.  And that's the best you can hope for to get the "power" back.  Can't win an election?  Impeach the whole executive branch.

Because I think that's exactly how it works alright. Impeach Bush and put in the guy I want. :ph34r:

If he has committed impeachable offenses, I for one want to know that and want Congress to consider that. You would rather not know – or worse still, you don't care.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
I think the American public just wants out of Iraq.

Iraq is irrelevant to most people because there's no draft. If there was, and there was a possiblility of the sons of all of these die-hard Republicans being sent over there, people would be way more aware of the situation and way more critical of GW. As it stands, Republicans will stand blindly by their man because admitting he's a boob is an admission that they were wrong to vote for him.

As it stands, Iraq is no longer front page news. That's exactly how this administration wants it.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

i dont think Rasmussen listed a sample date on his report. I took all polls from December. My guess is that if Rasmussen released their poll on the 22nd or 23rd, the poll was probably from the 18th-21st. Making it pretty similar to the other recent polls showing job approval of 47, 41, 44, 42 and 50.

Actually Rasmussen's title says approval is at 50%. When you add up the numbs, they only come to 49%.

So with an average of 47, 41, 44, 42, 50 and 49 we come to 45.5%. I guess if we were true statistican's, we'd also throw out the high number and the low number to come to a true calculation. This would mean that 50 and 41 are eliminated and the new average is still 45.5%.

These polls (as we've seen in the past) are quite misleading. My guess is that Bush's approval numbers will dip again before 1/1 as images of soldiers overseas without their families are seen. The numbers will kick up in early 2006 as everyone always enters the new year optomistic about everything. We won't truly get a sense of the country's feelings towards GW until mid-March or so.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Because I think that's exactly how it works alright.  Impeach Bush and put in the guy I want.  :ph34r:

If he has committed impeachable offenses, I for one want to know that and want Congress to consider that.  You would rather not know – or worse still, you don't care.

Yep. I don't give a s*** at all. You got me all figured out. IMPEACH BILL (10 years revisited), that's my motto.

I think the Presidential approval polls like this are more a reflection on how Americans are thinking about the country than the President. Plus, this is kind of the lull in the two term  President.

good point.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 06:23 AM)
Always coming back to Clinton and Monica . . .

How about the Barret report? Why won't they, (Dems), let the independent counsel release his report in full with no redactions,save the classified material. Is it because the wonderful Clintons used the IRS as their personal auditing house?

I wonder. Is it a crime to intentionally audit people for no reason? Every woman that Clinton raped, oops, did I say that? Every woman he had relations with, was audited, as were many conservative think tanks and foundations. Coincidence?????????????????

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
How about the Barret report? Why won't they, (Dems), let the independent counsel release his report in full with no redactions,save the classified material. Is it because the wonderful Clintons used the IRS as their personal auditing house?

I wonder. Is it a crime to intentionally audit people for no reason? Every woman that Clinton raped, oops, did I say that? Every woman he had relations with, was audited, as were many conservative think tanks and foundations. Coincidence?????????????????

this is the most ridiculous thing, I think I have read on this board to date. That includes those comments about Timo and Ozzie!

:headshake