Recruiting Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davon Jefferson, a 6-foot-8 forward who was trying to put himself in a position to skip college and go straight to the NBA, won't play another game for Patterson School (N.C.). ``He’s off the team,” Patterson coach Chris Chaney said. “He needs to concentrate on his academics.”

Sounds like a bright kid...

Vidal Hazelton was seen at a PSU BBall game and is going to go to Penn State. He signed some fax or something and told Carroll hes going to chill with JoePa.

Umm.. I know King is a CB, but I mean, they have so many talented young WRs its sick.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
Darrell Arthur, the top ranked remaining recruit for next year has named KU his leader..

he is the #4 Power Forward in the class and 19th overall. 

My Webpage

Ehh he's been a KU lock for a while, regardless of what's been reported. He'll be a very good player for KU, although another guy that may be gone after 2 years.

So i'm watching Derrick Rose and Simeon beat the hell out of Crane today....and with 3 min left and his team DOWN 25, Sherron Collins dunk it on a pass to himself off the backboard. Seeing that one play alone made me almost glad he's going to Kansas, he will fit right in with Self's group of AAU players who don't pass (besides Julian Wright and Brandon Rush).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)
He never picked a school, just named KU the leader.

This could will either sign with us, or try to "Carmelo" a piss poor team like Malik Hairston tried.

He'll end up at KU anyways. It was between Indiana and Kansas. He's not going to come here now that Davis is gone.

As funny as it sounds, don't count out Baylor in recruiting now. They already have one Mickey D's AA, deserved or not, and Arthur has alot of interest. Don't ever count on Texas kids leaving the state, for whatever reasons. UNC has recruited several Texas kids and is batting about .000.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Coach of the year Self was in Dallas personally recruiting Slim Shady Arthur today.

I assume you don't watch Georgetown games if you have Self as coach of the year, but you can't deny the job he's done. And Arthur is yours if you keep Baylor away (amazing I'm saying that).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
I assume you don't watch Georgetown games if you have Self as coach of the year, but you can't deny the job he's done.  And Arthur is yours if you keep Baylor away (amazing I'm saying that).

I know Baylor is a player, Kevin Rogers is a good friend of Arthur's and a current player for baylor.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 04:54 AM)
Illinois has offered 4 star PG Brockeith Pane of Dallas already this week, and now apparently have offered Evan Turner

http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/evanturnerfeb.html

This I'm sure is related to the Derrick Rose incident....

incident? please share.

thanks for the info, i just read that.

at this point i'm not reading too much into it. i have no problem with his brother running his recruitment, and a big problem if he is running it by trying to line his own pockets. at this point that is all hearsay and is unproven.

besides, if illinois was out of the running already and not even interested, why would weber have been in attendance at last night's von steuben-simeon game? there were no other high division I prospects playing in that game.

i am not confident rose will go to illinois, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. at this point i think illinois fans are just so gun shy with any kids from the city that they are looking for reasons to be negative about the recruitment.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)
thanks for the info, i just read that.

at this point i'm not reading too much into it. i have no problem with his brother running his recruitment, and a big problem if he is running it by trying to line his own pockets. at this point that is all hearsay and is unproven.

besides, if illinois was out of the running already and not even interested, why would weber have been in attendance at last night's von steuben-simeon game? there were no other high division I prospects playing in that game.

i am not confident rose will go to illinois, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. at this point i think illinois fans are just so gun shy with any kids from the city that they are looking for reasons to be negative about the recruitment.

I'm not going to say it's true, but the sources this came from mean it's more than just hearsay and somebody throwing crap on the wall and hoping it sticks. As for Bruce, Simeon has a kid named Tim Flowers who I know we are at least evaluating right now, and Bruce was seen talking to him, not Rose, after the game last night (and that's not hearsay, it's direct info from somebody that was at the game).

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Coach of the year Self was in Dallas personally recruiting Slim Shady Arthur today.

Btw....if I had coach of the year vote nationally, my ballot:

1. John Thompson III (I think he's the 3rd lol)

2. Bruce Pearl

3. Roy Williams

4. Bill Self

5. Jay Wright (yes I know they have all those guards, but it's still a hell of a job to overcome their lack of size in the Big East).