Recruiting Thread

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
That's a very risky but great risk to take. If he keeps screwing up, then you let him go, if he gets his act together, he's a dominant DT to fill a huge need. Great pick-up if true.

no doubt this dude has some issues.

alaeze story

this is a risk, but i suspect it's one the team felt they had to make. if he is playing this fall, he's starting.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some players who have had worse issues than Alaeze. Only real problem with him in Maryland was that he was hanging out with his posse that Maryland didn't like at all. He is a smart kid though in terms of academics from what his grades looked like and he'll be far away from Baltimore.

• 2 weeks later...

STOCK SOARING: Boys to Men Academy center Nayal "Mac'' Koshwal, who played at Julian from 2003 to '05, has seen his stock soar. He is ranked as the state's No. 2 prospect by talent scout Bob Gibbons of All Star Sports. DePaul led a number of suitors that were on hand for all of his games for the Chicago Jaguars in Las Vegas.

"Mac is not close to making a decision right now,'' Boys to Men coach Loren Jackson said. "But DePaul is at the top of his list.''

http://www.suntimes.com/output/prep/cst-spt-prep30.html

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
no doubt this dude has some issues.

alaeze story

this is a risk, but i suspect it's one the team felt they had to make. if he is playing this fall, he's starting.

Willie Williams...your plane to Illinois is now boarding. Thank Coach Zook. :ph34r:

I suppose this belongs here, as this is the recruiting thread. Truth be told, I couldn't give two heaping steamers about recruiting, but I thought this paragraph was fun-ny.

Sash is entering his senior year at Oskaloosa after a junior campaign that earned him first-team all state as a defen-sive back from the Des Moines Register and first-team all state from the Iowa Newspaper Association as a wide re-ceiver.

Apparently he was a silent committment to ISU, but nothing's been said to back that up. And now he's a Hawk. I guess Ferentz decided he wanted top Iowa recruits again.

Hawk fans are still pissed about Blythe though. I swear he's the best in the Big 12 at shoving a DB and getting away with it.

WOW...in the newest Rivals 150, ISU PF commit Craig Brackins shot up to 17th in the nation, going up from 37th. That'd be the first five star recruit at ISU since Marcus Fizer. We're familiar with his work.

I guess McDermott can recruit.

Of course, he'll stay at ISU 3 years, guiding ISU to a disappointing ISU finish in the Elite 8, but with a final ranking of #3, and then get drafted by the Bulls with the 4th pick overall. :D

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1611

LMAO at their new rankings. Mayo at #5, Love at #7, Kyle Singler ahead of both. JJ Hickson doesn't belong anywhere near the top 25, much less the top 15. Anthony Randolph is easily a top 10 player, and they must not have ever seen Blake Griffin play, as he's played himself into the top 12.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1611

LMAO at their new rankings. Mayo at #5, Love at #7, Kyle Singler ahead of both. JJ Hickson doesn't belong anywhere near the top 25, much less the top 15. Anthony Randolph is easily a top 10 player, and they must not have ever seen Blake Griffin play, as he's played himself into the top 12.

Agreed entirely, that's a messed up list. Mayo outside of the top 3 is ludicrous, Love is an easy top 5, and Randolph definitely looks like a future stud.

Rivals rankings for basketball are a total joke up until their final rankings of the class. The rest of the rankings are just biased towards un committed players in order to try and sell more subscriptions for pay stories. If they put a bunch of guys who have already decided on their school in the top 10, nobody will want to read it, whereas they can sell stories full of rumors by putting undecided guys up higher in the rankings.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
IU got its first verbal for '07. It'll take a bit to become a respectable group, since Purdue cleaned house. However, it's a start.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...022/1004/SPORTS

He's a real good player, one of the fastest rising prospects in the class. It's a great start, but IU is going to have to waste a scholly or two on a JuCo if they plan on using 5 in this class. They should just take 3 or 4 players and bank the others one for next year when Sampson has more of a chance with the recruits.

Pretty crazy. UConn took a pair of 2009 commitments today in basketball. Alex Oriakhi and Jamal Coombs. Both are talented, but who knows how much they will develop. Derrick Caracter was all the rage when he was 15 years old, and never really got out of that 15 year old chunky game.

• 2 weeks later...