Recruiting Thread

By the end of the month, ISU should know whether they get the Brewster duo of P'Allen Stinnett and Andre McFarland. If so, that's 5* Craig Brackins, 4* P'Allen Stinnett, and 3* Diante Garrett and Andre McFarland. God, it'd be cool if Iowa State became a force in the Big 12 again.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansas will have the following players at their annual late night in the phog.

Already signed and delivered

Cole Aldrich 5 star. 5th best center for 2007.

Recruits

Kyle Singer 5 star. Best SF for 2007

Jeff Withey 4 star 9th Center for 2008

Anthony Randolph 5 star. 4th best SF for 2008. lets just say a future JU JU

Anthony Crater 5 star 2nd best pg 2008

Travis Relaford 4 star 6th best sg for 2008

Xavier henry 5 star..9th in nation for 2009

Never know if Rose will show up too. All stats according to rivals.com

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 28, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Kansas will have the following players at their annual late night in the phog.

Already signed and delivered

Cole Aldrich 5 star. 5th best center for 2007.

Recruits

Kyle Singer 5 star. Best SF for 2007

Jeff Withey 4 star 9th Center for 2008

Anthony Randolph 5 star. 4th best SF for 2008. lets just say a future JU JU

Anthony Crater 5 star 2nd best pg 2008

Travis Relaford 4 star 6th best sg for 2008

Xavier henry 5 star..9th in nation for 2009

Never know if Rose will show up too. All stats according to rivals.com

With that kind of future, they may be able to get out of the first round.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 28, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
By the end of the month, ISU should know whether they get the Brewster duo of P'Allen Stinnett and Andre McFarland. If so, that's 5* Craig Brackins, 4* P'Allen Stinnett, and 3* Diante Garrett and Andre McFarland. God, it'd be cool if Iowa State became a force in the Big 12 again.

Seems as if ISU is outrecruiting Illinois as well.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 28, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
I don't think I'd claim Iowa State is outrecruiting Illinois....though Brackins did committ to ISU over Illinois, among others.

As I've said numerous times before, I'd kill for an Illinois-ISU home and home.

Illinois didn't offer Brackins and never wanted to, but ISU is recruiting just as well as Illinois right now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 28, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
Illinois didn't offer Brackins and never wanted to, but ISU is recruiting just as well as Illinois right now.

Rivals said they did. I can't imagine ISU would be an easier sell though.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 28, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)

That's sad IMO. I know Iowa State is supposedly supposed to be up and coming(at least according to Heads :P ), but the Illini came off a National Championship appearance two years ago and can't capitalize off of that. That doesn't bode well at all.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 03:48 AM)
That's sad IMO. I know Iowa State is supposedly supposed to be up and coming(at least according to Heads :P ), but the Illini came off a National Championship appearance two years ago and can't capitalize off of that. That doesn't bode well at all.

When getting arguably the country's best player just isn't good enough.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
dont put all your eggs in one basket, hes not a guaranteed to illinois yet.

Weber is getting aced by every coach,he just cant recruit.

Practically sounds like an iu lock at this point...

But if going to u of i is what it takes to convince rose to come to DePaul, I'm all for it...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
Practically sounds like an iu lock at this point...

But if going to u of i is what it takes to convince rose to come to DePaul, I'm all for it...

I certainly wouldn't call Gordon to IU a lock at this point. Based on the most recent article I read about his visit to Bloomington, there were some mixed reviews. I said that Gordon would be at the UofI next year about a month ago, but I would say that it is 50/50 at this point. If Gordon does stick to the UofI, than that will certainly knock IU out of the running for Rose since it appears to be a package deal. Although, if Gordon does pick IU that doesn't mean that Rose is a lock for IU. You can usually get a good idea of where recruits are heading based on insider articles, but I must say that it is hard to tell with these two at this point. I still believe that Memphis is the leader for Rose if Gordon doesn't go to IU, and IU is the leader if Gordon does pick IU.

QUOTE(whitesox61382 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
I certainly wouldn't call Gordon to IU a lock at this point. Based on the most recent article I read about his visit to Bloomington, there were some mixed reviews. I said that Gordon would be at the UofI next year about a month ago, but I would say that it is 50/50 at this point. If Gordon does stick to the UofI, than that will certainly knock IU out of the running for Rose since it appears to be a package deal. Although, if Gordon does pick IU that doesn't mean that Rose is a lock for IU. You can usually get a good idea of where recruits are heading based on insider articles, but I must say that it is hard to tell with these two at this point. I still believe that Memphis is the leader for Rose if Gordon doesn't go to IU, and IU is the leader if Gordon does pick IU.

Yeah, I wasn't being very serious when calling him a lock. :P

My guesstimate is 60-40 he's going to u of i.

And supposedly rose is going to memphis' midnight madness. :(