Recruiting Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
No we just had a great late night, hosted a ton of recruitd, hosted a Bulls v. Sonics game and got off the hook for the most part from the NCAA.

LOL. Hopefully your recruits can win you more than, oh, zero games in the tournament this year.

I'll take actual wins over recruiting 'wins' any day of the week.

no way... its just gettin started man... IU GOT GORDON, who by the way, i played a pick up game with while he was at Notre Dame.... i think im the reason hes goin to IU ;)... i was talkin em up big time haha

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
LOL. Hopefully your recruits can win you more than, oh, zero games in the tournament this year.

I'll take actual wins over recruiting 'wins' any day of the week.

This team will win more than zero games in the post season......Illinois will have a tough time just making the tourney.

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Now, this is golden!!! :lolhitting

I see no one on the roster who scares me....all jokes aside, it will be a tough year, similiar to the Jayhawks last year, lots of young kids learning to gel.

ESPN ranks them 31 preseason.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
I see no one on the roster who scares me....all jokes aside, it will be a tough year, similiar to the Jayhawks last year, lots of young kids learning to gel.

ESPN ranks them 31 preseason.

Maybe that's because rankings don't win games. I doubt anybody on Bradley scared you either. :cheers

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Maybe that's because rankings don't win games. I doubt anybody on Bradley scared you either. :cheers

Wow, you got me.....i have to quit now. This is the same person who called Kansas a boring team. Wait til you see Collins, Chalmers, Robinson, Rush and Wright run the break.....I don't think you watch must college bball.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
Wow, you got me.....i have to quit now. This is the same person who called Kansas a boring team. Wait til you see Collins, Chalmers, Robinson, Rush and Wright run the break.....I don't think you watch must college bball.

I never said they were boring. I said they're frustrating to watch because they have so much talent but suck so bad. Face it. All those burger boys and you're getting beat by mid majors in the only games that really count.

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
I never said they were boring. I said they're frustrating to watch because they have so much talent but suck so bad. Face it. All those burger boys and you're getting beat by mid majors in the only games that really count.

If you read my various posts, I make fun of that team more than anyone. it is a joke, and an embarrasment to a very proud program. Last year, I can understand, the team was young. I also belived Miles and Langford did not like Self. Excuses are weak though, I believe Self finally gets his own kids, his own system. Its about time.

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 02:42 AM)

Kansas, with a bunch of freshman, was clearly a better team after December than Illinois was last season (a team with a lot of experience). Kansas returns everyone from that same team, and Illinois lost their two stable forces. I'm not a big fan of either team, but Illinois fans might want to think twice before trash talking Kansas fans about what's going to happen this year.

Illinois' roster:

Richard McBride- 4 Star propect, top 100 recruit

Brian Randle- 4 star prospect, top 100 recruit

Warren Carter- 4 star prospect, top 100 recruit

Calvin Brock- 4 star prospect, top 100 rectcruit

Shaun Pruitt- 4 star prospect, top 100 recruit

Brian Carwell- 4 star prospect, top 100 recruit

Richard Semrau(preinjury)- 5 star prospect, top 20 recruit

Of the other 3 players on their roster since day one who are not top 100 recruits, two of them are expected to start this year with one of them being arguably the team's best player. The third was a top 100 football player coming out of high school.

The moral here, obviously, is that Illinois has done a horrible job of bringing players into the program, and are deeply screwed.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
Kansas, with a bunch of freshman, was clearly a better team after December than Illinois was last season (a team with a lot of experience). Kansas returns everyone from that same team, and Illinois lost their two stable forces. I'm not a big fan of either team, but Illinois fans might want to think twice before trash talking Kansas fans about what's going to happen this year.

Better in the second half? They play in a garbage conference and lost in the first round of the tourney. Try again.

btw... this all started when the KU fan started antagonizing Illini fans at a time when we're obviously pissed. So the "trash talking" is somewhat justified.

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 03:13 AM)
Better in the second half? They play in a garbage conference and lost in the first round of the tourney. Try again.

btw... this all started when the KU fan started antagonizing Illini fans at a time when we're obviously pissed. So the "trash talking" is somewhat justified.

Illinois played one of the worst at-large teams in the history of the tournament, and then lost in the 2nd round of the tournament. In 2004, I can understand trash talking about the tournament showing by Kansas. However last year, they lost to a damn good Bradley team. Taylor...let me ask you this: if Kansas played Illinois this year 10 times on a neutral court, how many times would you predict Illinois would win?

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 03:24 AM)
Taylor...let me ask you this: if Kansas played Illinois this year 10 times on a neutral court, how many times would you predict Illinois would win?

I'm sorry fathom, but that's just an unanswerable question. Predictions are predictions, but you are asking for an exact number of wins between two teams we haven't even seen play yet.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 03:29 AM)
I'm sorry fathom, but that's just an unanswerable question. Predictions are predictions, but you are asking for an exact number of wins between two teams we haven't even seen play yet.

Oh, of course. But I just see this trash talking saying how Kansas won't be good, etc., and I was just wondering if he was going to say that Illinois would win 8 times out of 10 (or something like that). Because if someone is going to go with that view, then it's real hard to have an unbiased argument.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Illinois played one of the worst at-large teams in the history of the tournament, and then lost in the 2nd round of the tournament. In 2004, I can understand trash talking about the tournament showing by Kansas. However last year, they lost to a damn good Bradley team. Taylor...let me ask you this: if Kansas played Illinois this year 10 times on a neutral court, how many times would you predict Illinois would win?

3 at most and I'm an Illini fan. Illinois will get into the tourney, that's not a question. Will they have a shot of winning anything next year? Not a chance.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
Illinois' roster:

Richard McBride- 4 Star propect, top 100 recruit

Brian Randle- 4 star prospect, top 100 recruit

Warren Carter- 4 star prospect, top 100 recruit

Calvin Brock- 4 star prospect, top 100 rectcruit

Shaun Pruitt- 4 star prospect, top 100 recruit

Brian Carwell- 4 star prospect, top 100 recruit

Richard Semrau(preinjury)- 5 star prospect, top 20 recruit

Of the other 3 players on their roster since day one who are not top 100 recruits, two of them are expected to start this year with one of them being arguably the team's best player. The third was a top 100 football player coming out of high school.

The moral here, obviously, is that Illinois has done a horrible job of bringing players into the program, and are deeply screwed.

That's a fair point, but a lot of those guys were recruits that the Illini only got because they lost their top choices. You saw the long, long list of Weber recruits lost I put earlier. I think your right that the Illini do have a lot of talent in their program, enough for Weber to do well with, but this team is not going to be anywhere near the Final Four unless they start getting the Sherron Collins, Eric Gordon, and Julian Wright's of the world.