Howard's First Day on Sirius

tonyho7476

I thought it was pretty good. I heard about 2 hours or so. The revelations are good. Not sure who belongs to what yet. I also think that Bubba is going ot have a good show. I'm going to tune in at 3 to hear him. Howard 101. Anyone hear it? Thoughts?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
caught it on my drive in. loved the fact of being able to listen for 45 mins w/o commercials.

No doubt...that's what I really love about this, especially the music channels. STern said he'll have 6 minutes of commercials, per hour.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
No doubt...that's what I really love about this, especially the music channels.  STern said he'll have 6 minutes of commercials, per hour.

Tony this doesn't deal with Howard but I saw your sig. Have you ever seen Earthsea? Kristen Kruek is hot, haha.

Oh, was that today? I hadn't heard anything about it.... :lol:

While I still don't miss Stern, I have to say that the few minutes I was unfortunate enough to hear "Rover" were absolutely unbearable. Oh Lord, what a waste of airtime THAT show is. Predictable, lowest-common-denominator, bottom-shelf garbage.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Oh, was that today? I hadn't heard anything about it.... :lol:

While I still don't miss Stern, I have to say that the few minutes I was unfortunate enough to hear "Rover" were absolutely unbearable. Oh Lord, what a waste of airtime THAT show is. Predictable, lowest-common-denominator, bottom-shelf garbage.

Man, you are right on about Rover, I figured I would give him a chance and it was horrible, I couldn't even listen to it for more than 10 minutes. I knew it was in trouble when they were promoting it with something along the lines of "Give us a chance, you won't like us at first."

Morning radio in Chicago kind of sucks now that Howard is off, I can't listen to North, Mike & Mike use to be good, but lately they have been absolutely horrible, I can tell they have started scripting a lot more exchanges. I will listen to the Drive or Johnny B for awhile, he's been OK since he came back.

I like David Stein on the Score, but he's only on until 5 a.m. and a national show. Also, I know Carolla is podcasting his show, so I'll give that a chance, but I know seeing message boards that has been a bumpy road so far too.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
Man, you are right on about Rover, I figured I would give him a chance and it was horrible, I couldn't even listen to it for more than 10 minutes.  I knew it was in trouble when they were promoting it with something along the lines of "Give us a chance, you won't like us at first." 

Morning radio in Chicago kind of sucks now that Howard is off, I can't listen to North, Mike & Mike use to be good, but lately they have been absolutely horrible, I can tell they have started scripting a lot more exchanges.  I will listen to the Drive or Johnny B for awhile, he's been OK since he came back.

I like David Stein on the Score, but he's only on until 5 a.m. and a national show.  Also, I know Carolla is podcasting his show, so I'll give that a chance, but I know seeing message boards that has been a bumpy road so far too.

'Old Fashioned Radio' sucks. Get a Sirius. the music channels are great. I have heard so much music I never heard on FM. Plus its commercial free. And the comedy channels are awesome. Sirius has Raw Dog which has all the best comics...past and present...Chris Rock, Kinison, Prior, Mencias, Chappelle...whoever.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
And its audio quality, in my opinion, is worse than FM radio. Especially their talk radio channels which sound like crappy streaming mp3s.

I had a friend who had sirius installed in his car, and it sounded like it was coming out of a tin box. Right there I decided that they were going to have to do much better then that to get me to pay for that service. My Ipod will continue to be my commercial free music radio and sportstalk will continue to be my source of info and comedy.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:28 AM)
I had a friend who had sirius installed in his car, and it sounded like it was coming out of a tin box.  Right there I decided that they were going to have to do much better then that to get me to pay for that service.  My Ipod will continue to be my commercial free music radio and sportstalk will continue to be my source of info and comedy.

My XM sounds great, almost like a cd

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
My mom had XM for a few months, and I thought the quality was great.

I can't speak for Sirius though; I've never heard it.

xm is good for several reasons

1. I think the portable options are superior

2. MLB games. I would want this over EVERY sport and every talk show

3. Big Ten Football games

4. Sound quality

5. Larger, more stable company at the time.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
Also, I know Carolla is podcasting his show, so I'll give that a chance, but I know seeing message boards that has been a bumpy road so far too.

If you like Adam Carolla, you'll like the show. I've listened a few times, and he has guests come on and just kind of talk about whatever is on his mind. he doesn't really interview them, just kind gets their takes on various subjects. He had David Allen Grier and Carlos Mencia on for about an hour each when I listened. Anyway, not bad.

I'd personally rather hear Brandmeier, but he's not available here.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
And its audio quality, in my opinion, is worse than FM radio. Especially their talk radio channels which sound like crappy streaming mp3s.

The early satellite radios weren't good. The quality is a lot better now.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Howard will be back on terrestrial radio within a year, Sirius selling next-day reruns to stations across the country.

Book that.

I'll take that bet. He isn't going back. If something happened at Sirius, I think he'd retire.

And there is nothing wrong with my Sirius radio. The sound is great.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
xm is good for several reasons

1. I think the portable options are superior

2. MLB games.  I would want this over EVERY sport and every talk show

3. Big Ten Football games

4. Sound quality

5. Larger, more stable company at the time.

1. XM started first, Sirius will catch up.

2. I can hear the Sox, no need for this.

3. I would rather watch the games, and you can catch most on tv

4. Have heard both, haven't heard a difference

5. The base of Sirius will hit 4 million soon, and pass XM...as a previous poster said, Book it.