Does your Church make you feel like this?

Texsox

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
:lolhitting

Do you even understand the scientific process? What was the hypothosis and how was it tested? Show me the data.

It seems pretty obvious by now that this person has no interest in the scientific process. What's funniest to me is that he is exactly like what he would most seem to hate - the guy who believes that every word of the bible is an exact factual rendering of real events. In both cases, eyes remain firmly shut. I'll take the extreme, please, says he, because it's real easy to roll into the gutter on one side or the other.

I am now done with this thread and with any reasonable discussion with the poster with some guy named "Dimebag" in his sig.

Good to have that cleared up.  Is this kind of like a wind it up and let it go thought?

Not necessarily, I love talking about this stuff and could go on for hours if called for. It's never been called for so far :crying

I'm just curious, what does it not compute with?

What I meant was, since I don't believe in the devil, it wouldn't therefore compute that a devil would have used myths or folklore to mislead us from going down the proper road. I believe the devil was created because sometimes the promise of lots of good things for good people isn't motivation enough. Some people need to have something behind the "or else," if you catch my drift.

Do you even understand the scientific process? What was the hypothosis and how was it tested? Show me the data.

You do know that the scientific process was work of the devil when it was orginally brought to the world's attention.. Because now all the Chruches lies would be proven to be just that.

I'm sorry you all are correct, maybe I misused the words.. There is prove there is no God.. But, Science can not prove this, just as they can not prove his brother's easter bunny and Santa Claus, and his sister the tooth Fairy are real or not.

It seems pretty obvious by now that this person has no interest in the scientific process.  What's funniest to me is that he is exactly like what he would most seem to hate - the guy who believes that every word of the bible is an exact factual rendering of real events.  In both cases, eyes remain firmly shut.  I'll take the extreme, please, says he, because it's real easy to roll into the gutter on one side or the other.

I am now done with this thread and with any reasonable discussion with the poster with some guy named "Dimebag" in his sig.

I'm sorry you are not allowed to think for yourself and must listen to those who mislead you.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
You do know that the scientific process was work of the devil when it was orginally brought to the world's attention.. Because now all the Chruches lies would be proven to be just that.

I'm sorry you all are correct, maybe I misused the words.. There is prove there is no God.. But, Science can not prove this, just as they can not prove his brother's easter bunny and Santa Claus, and his sister the tooth Fairy are real or not.

"AnthraxFan93, Because Atheists Need Our Own Pat Robertson."

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)

Okay, if the scientific method could prove that--then tell me the experiment that would reap solid empirical data?

Just give me one experiment that offers definitive data and I'll only address you as Anthrax the Genius forver.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)

look up object permanence, take a read, think about how this reflects your own life. You may be stuck.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Not necessarily, I love talking about this stuff and could go on for hours if called for.  It's never been called for so far  :crying

What I meant was, since I don't believe in the devil, it wouldn't therefore compute that a devil would have used myths or folklore to mislead us from going down the proper road.  I believe the devil was created because sometimes the promise of lots of good things for good people isn't motivation enough.  Some people need to have something behind the "or else," if you catch my drift.

W & O, since you're actually reasonable compared to Anthramoron, I'd like to keep reading your thoughts. I can't come back with much yet until I really read it. I'll try to, though.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
I'm sorry you are not allowed to think for yourself and must listen to those who mislead you.

So did you just make this up yourself, or who misled you.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Okay, if the scientific method could prove that--then tell me the experiment that would reap solid empirical data?

Just give me one experiment that offers definitive data and I'll only address you as Anthrax the Genius forver.

BUUBUUBUTT He proved it, He went out in his backyard, and said If there is a God appear in front of me. And he didnt so the must not be a God.

And you do the same proove to me that this "God" exist.. with other the F or B word.. You can't again, this comes back to the orginal post..

Man created god so they would have meaning in their lives..

Ding Ding Ding

We have a brief intermission.

Anthrax I must commend you. You are taking on all comers, and not backing down. I and others, think you are way off base, but you keep on lifting yourself off the mat and answering the bell. Kudos for that.

Ding

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
And you do the same proove to me that this "God" exist.. with other the F or B word.. You can't again, this comes back to the orginal post..

Man created god so they would have meaning in their lives..

Okay, tell me where I said there was proof that god exists (or that it was even proveable)? I believe my whole point is that it can't be proved (which is pretty much the definition of faith).

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
You can't again, this comes back to the orginal post..

check again for the orginal post. This was about Churches, but you decided to yell God doesn't exist in a thread about Churches. Probably because of some pompuss attitude that you are smarter than enyone else. It certainly shows how classy you are. It is classic troll behavior.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
So The Masses are against me you are saying?

not against you, and for many of us, you will be in our evening prayers as we pray for those who have not been saved. But hey, no thanks are necessary

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
W & O, since you're actually reasonable compared to Anthramoron, I'd like to keep reading your thoughts.  I can't come back with much yet until I really read it.  I'll try to, though.

You're reading my thoughts?! :o Note to self: Ixnay on any future fantasies involving Diane Keaton and a Slip-N-Slide.......

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
check again for the orginal post. This was about Churches, but you decided to yell God doesn't exist in a thread about Churches.  Probably because of some pompuss attitude that you are smarter than enyone else. It certainly shows how classy you are. It is classic troll behavior.

Tex, you are on a roll today. I've never seen you like this. I think I'm getting a woody.