Bears To Target Randle El

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
If I'm the Bears, yes. It seems like Mushin Muhammed is like a Peerless Price type player in which they would excel at being a #2 WR.

Muhammed certainly looked like a #1 receiver 2 years ago when Steve Smith went down for the whole year and Delhomme and Muhammed played catch the whole year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
If I'm the Bears, yes. It seems like Mushin Muhammed is like a Peerless Price type player in which they would excel at being a #2 WR.

Yeah I have no clue where that is coming from.... when Muhsin was the 2nd option he hardly showed up at all in what was it 2003.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:48 PM)
Muhammed certainly looked like a #1 receiver 2 years ago when Steve Smith went down for the whole year and Delhomme and Muhammed played catch the whole year.

Even last year where he led the freaking league in receiving and td's, IIRC. Maybe he was 2nd in receiving yards.

The Steelers aren't quite as enamored with Antwan as other fans seem to be. He's proven this year that he's not a #2 receiver in the NFL, he was much better as the 3rd option behind Hines and Plax. He's a solid punt returner, but nothing special. Doesn't take what the other special teams give him, always trying for more, even at the cost of field position for his team. He does well with the trick plays, but the Steelers will target someone like Reggie McNeal later on if Reggie struggles at the combines with his passes. McNeal, Brad Smith, or stompy Vick(yuck) will likely be possible targets for the 3rd, 4th, 5th round if they are available.

With that said, I would like to keep Antwan around, and draft a big WR in the 1st two rounds to compliment Hines. But with the re-signing of Hines, Casey Hampton etc lately, I don't know how much cap room will be available.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Theyre looking at him more for his abilities as a PR man and backup QB

I'd rather Randel El than Orton.. (I'm not really sure if I'm being serious or not)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
Grossman is almost as bad as Orton.

So what, his pass looks nicer, he stills puts up the same #s

This again? Grossman knows how to move the ball on offense, and his deep pass attempts open up the run game for Thomas Jones. The offense has a whole new life when Grossman is in compared to Orton. Grossman >>>>>>>>>> Orton.

Im not getting into it. But results are results and we beat Carolina with Orton then lost to them with Grossman (when it really counted I might add.)

Back to twan.

He'll probably be the best WR on the team, now the Moose caught the usual Chicago suck-cold.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 02:45 AM)
Im not getting into it.  But results are results and we beat Carolina with Orton then lost to them with Grossman (when it really counted I might add.)

Back to twan.

He'll probably be the best WR on the team, now the Moose caught the usual Chicago suck-cold.

I dont want this to get into a whole long argument... but we would of lost the first game and would of been blown out if our defense played like they did in the playoffs during our 1st match with the Panthers.... on that game Orton had 2 short scoring drives thanks to the defense and one scoring drive of his own(3 points)..... Grossman led us to 21 points without any help from the defense.... also prob would of been 24 or 28 if he didnt have to run a hurry up offense and throw the pick at the end because of it.

I dont want this to get into a whole long argument... but we would of lost the first game and would of been blown out if our defense played like they did in the playoffs during our 1st match with the Panthers.... on that game Orton had 2 short scoring drives thanks to the defense and one scoring drive of his own(3 points)..... Grossman led us to 21 points without any help from the defense.... also prob would of been 24 or 28 if he didnt have to run a hurry up offense and throw the pick at the end because of it.

Im not getting into it