Trade Deadline Thread

Just turned this into the official trade deadline thread. In a day or so I'll merge this into the NBA thread, but until than post the rumors in here I guess. I'm hoping this will prevent tons of individual threads to pop up.

But if the Bulls deal for Garnett or Pierce than you have my permission to make seperate threads :)

Well as long as White Boy Hinrich stays on the team. I'll cry if he leaves. My favorite player in the NBA.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
Just turned this into the official trade deadline thread.  In a day or so I'll merge this into the NBA thread, but until than post the rumors in here I guess.  I'm hoping this will prevent tons of individual threads to pop up.

But if the Bulls deal for Garnett or Pierce than you have my permission to make seperate threads :)

Well as long as White Boy Hinrich stays on the team. I'll cry if he leaves.  My favorite player in the NBA.

No way they trade Hinrich, he is the perfect point guard with skiles.

QUOTE(Credepopsup @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
It's very much an internet rumor - Nothing official at all, but as the thread said rumors/news, I thought I'd post it.

It's on a few boards, but I read it at Real GM.

99.9% chance it's bulls***.

Well, I did hear something about Mark Madsen, Griffin and someone else going to the Bulls for Pike + Harrington. Who knows though.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Well, I did hear something about Mark Madsen, Griffin and someone else going to the Bulls for Pike + Harrington.  Who knows though.

That's what I read - A deal involving Griffin and Harrington.

EDIT - (bad grammar..)

Edited by Credepopsup

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
ESPN1000 played a sound byte from Pax talking about how they stood pat because they didn't wanna mess with the draft picks and cap space.

Sounds familiar. I hope Pax doesn't have Benny the Bull greeting free agents at the airport. It does make a lot of sense though. The only guy who has been mentioned in trade rumors who could get them anywhere near title contention is Garnett, other than that, they would have a good team not good enough to win it all.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Sounds familiar. I hope Pax doesn't have Benny the Bull greeting free agents at the airport. It does make a lot of sense though. The only guy who has been mentioned in trade rumors who could get them anywhere near title contention is Garnett, other than that, they would have a good team not good enough to win it all.

With the group of FA's that look to be on the market this season...sending out Benny probably wouldn't hurt us all that much. Taking them to a Cubs game might...but...

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
IMO, the hype was pretty low-key this year compared to years past...

I don't know about that. I've heard of atleast 10 different deals involving KG. There was talk that guys like Pierce or Allen could be moved. Odom and Boozer were in different trade scenarios everyday. Lot of other small deals that didn't happen. This trade deadline was a bust.