Official Big Ten Tourney Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Didn't Michigan State lose to Minnesota?

Wait.. :P

Hey I'll be the first to admit MSU has underachieved big time.

Thing is due to their recent success, 4 FFs in 7 years, they're a lock to be in at this point.

My Predictions (I need some practice for the real thing):

Thursday

#8 Penn State over #9 Northwestern

#10 Minnesota over #7 Michigan

#6 Michigan State over #11 Purdue

Friday

#1 Ohio State over #8 Penn State

#5 Indiana over #4 Wisconsin

#10 Minnesota over #2 Iowa

#3 Illinois over #6 Michigan State

Saturday

#5 Indiana over #1 Ohio State

#3 Illinois over #10 Minnesota

Sunday

#3 Illinois over #5 Indiana

Tournament MVP-James Augustine

Anybody that is watching the Mich/Minny game, is there something wrong with Horton? Did he get hurt? On Espn it shows that he has played only 1 minute and has 0 PF's.

Just curious.

Edit: Ahh, nevermind, I checked CBS and he has 6 points, I'll go back to work now. :bang

Edited by Elcaballo45

QUOTE(Elcaballo45 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
Anybody that is watching the Mich/Minny game, is there something wrong with Horton?  Did he get hurt?  On Espn it shows that he has played only 1 minute and has 0 PF's.

Just curious.

Are you thinking Grier? He got benched after committing 4 quick turnovers. He's done next to nothing. Minnesota is lucky to be in this game.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
I don't see it happening though. It has been proven in the past that the championship game has no effect on seeding. The committee already has the brackets made before the championship is over.

But, if a team wins the tourney and conference outright in the best conference, a #1 seed should be given.

I know the brackets are mostly done, but last minute changes have to be made. I dont see how Memphis is a #1 over tOSU as it is.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
But, if a team wins the tourney and conference outright in the best conference, a #1 seed should be given.

I know the brackets are mostly done, but last minute changes have to be made.  I dont see how Memphis is a #1 over tOSU as it is.

It's extremely close, Memphis is one better in the rpi, osu's sos is a little stronger, memphis is 6 and 3 vs the top 50 while osu is 7 and 4 against the top 50. It's really a coin toss.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
Are you thinking Grier?  He got benched after committing 4 quick turnovers.  He's done next to nothing.  Minnesota is lucky to be in this game.

Oh man, I need to get off whatever I smoked today. Im completely confused. Yeah, it was Grier who I was talking about, but when I posted that, I decided to type in the other teams star player. :chair