Official Big Ten Tourney Thread

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
I thought we'd want to see tOSU play NW to get a good game.  Penn State's still holding their own early in the 2nd half; they've pushed their lead to 10, 35-25.

Well, this Penn St team is capable of pulling off the big game upset as we know. I'm really not sure right now who I want to win though, being a huge Big 10 fan, I think OSU getting a possible 1 seed would be huge, but then again, it takes out one more team that could beat Illinois. We got to handle the Spartans first I suppose, which will be tough. How do you beat an Izzo coached team 3 times in the same season. Uggg

Go Illini! :headbang

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Elcaballo45 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
Well, this Penn St team is capable of pulling off the big game upset as we know.  I'm really not sure right now who I want to win though, being a huge Big 10 fan, I think OSU getting a possible 1 seed would be huge, but then again, it takes out one more team that could beat Illinois.  We got to handle the Spartans first I suppose, which will be tough.  How do you beat an Izzo coached team 3 times in the same season.  Uggg

Go Illini! :headbang

How? Have Davis, Ager, and Brown play sloppy both mentally and physically, rendering Izzo irrelevant.

Indiana can frustrate you soo much. They went 9+ scoreless minutes in the first half today and still were only down four!

They can look so good one minute and 5 seconds later look like they have never ever played the game before. I'll take today's win, but it wasn't pretty.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
Didnt get to see the game, but the box score makes it appear that Wisconsin couldnt shoot at all, they made like what 2 3 pointers and still were in the game?

I had a feeling that they might lose, Indiana in Indiana is always rough.

Kammron Taylor didn't do s***, that's what hurt a lot.

First half was brutal, but you can basically throw that out the window being that it was a push and the first action both teams saw in a week.

The offense definitely turned it on in the 2nd half. I was really pleased to see that. Killingsworth has been playing real smart ball in this winning streak; 20 and 12 for him on the day. And Strick's been Mr. Consistent during this stretch, hitting another 16.

We get another crack at tOSU tomorrow in the game at 4 on CBS. Should be interesting, we just snuck by him at home earlier in conference play. We've got a bit of a home court advantage playing in Conseco, and the teams both play a real similar style of game. Should be fun.

Yeah it appears Gullickson had a really nice game though, and Ill take the loss if it means come tournament time Gullickson is a viable player.

Ray Nixon though shot terribly, from the ESPN updates I think the only shot he made was a dunk, lol.

Anyways with a bunch of other good teams losing in their tournaments, the loss doesnt hurt that bad. Guessing Wisconsin can be anywhere from a 5 to 8 seed.