Official Big Ten Tourney Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
This was a great BIG 10 tourney.

Ehh not really. Pretty good game today, but yesterday's games were marred by missed open looks and tired legs. Overall, an average Big 10 Tourney, although they almost always are because these teams know each other so well and are tired.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
Ehh not really.  Pretty good game today, but yesterday's games were marred by missed open looks and tired legs.  Overall, an average Big 10 Tourney, although they almost always are because these teams know each other so well and are tired.

The actual play was far from pretty. I meant more the competitiveness/intensity/effort aspect.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
When Alex Thompson is burying a huge 3, it just may be your day. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Ya. Alfords been raving about how Thompson has been playing in practices, but on game day he tends to be a more passive player. That was awesome when he hit that three and the whole team was out there on the court celebrating.

Great win for the Hawkeyes, but the important stuff starts later this week.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
That was win #10 against teams ranked in the top 25 at the time of the game.

10-3.

Despite having 8 losses, this team has beaten more good schools than pretty much anyone in the country. I got real high expectations and am starting to see elite 8 possibilities and even an outside shot at the final 4.

Man am I setting myself up for a big crash, but they play such strong team defensive, make free throws, and have some good leaders. Plus they've had tremendous coaching all season.