Official Big Ten Tourney Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
Enjoy Greg Oden next year, that's about all I have to say.

Ohio St fans are humorous.  You guys pretend to care about basketball when you're good, but really, you're just a football school.

After Oden and Conley leave, back to mediocrity.

Not really. First off, there are two other top 30 players in that recruiting class. Secondly, they already have verbals from a 4 star SG for 07 and 2 of the top 15 in 08 (at least according to scout.com) and are in the running for numerous other top players.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
These announcers are ridiculous.  They just said Trannon could stay with Haluska. Haluska is a freaking sprinter.  He isn't the greatest dribble and Trannon is a great athlete (I think he's also a TE on MSU's football team) but in a speed race he has no shot with Haluska. 

Ager just hit a huge 3 to cut it back to 5.

4.6 40.... he's a WR. (another place has him at a 4.5 40).

Edited by SuperSteve

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
4.6 40.... he's a WR. (another place has him at a 4.5 40).

I think Haluska on the high side is at 4.4 (IIRC). It doesn't always show cause he's not the greatest dribble though.

Trenton is a beast of an athlete though. By the way, good seeing ya around these parts again Steve :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
I think Haluska on the high side is at 4.4 (IIRC).  It doesn't always show cause he's not the greatest dribble though. 

Trenton is a beast of an athlete though.  By the way, good seeing ya around these parts again Steve  :cheers

It's Trannon. Get it right Gage.

Also, you guys better lay down tomorrow so you can keep Alford.

Here's a good post from Peegs pretty much summing up my thoughts on Almighty Thad, winner of multiple national titles and countless conference championships:

I know there a lot of Matta lovers out there, but I have seen them play enough to know his team doesn't have a great offensive scheme. Actually they play a lot like IU - jacking up a lot of threes, very little movement without the ball, few screens. They had so much more talent than IU and still are lucky to have won.

I found it bizarre how many three's they just jacked up when they have the Big 10 player of the year inside ready to foul out Marco.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Here's a good post from Peegs pretty much summing up my thoughts on Almighty Thad, winner of multiple national titles and countless conference championships:

I found it bizarre how many three's they just jacked up when they have the Big 10 player of the year inside ready to foul out Marco.

I think I made the comparison. IU and OSU are very similar teams talent wise and skill wise. Each team has some really good outside shooters who feed off the big men inside (Dials and Kill). Dials has been the more effective player, but at the same time IU had some injuries and of course they failed to live up to there potential as well.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)

Neither team used their big man how they should have today.

Heartbreaking loss. And you won't get me to ever say Wilmont choked. Without him, it's not even a game. He made so many plays on both sides of the court today.

Killingsworth looked foolish against Dials today; he couldn't get anything to fall around the paint. He didn't look he did last time these two teams matched up, granted DJ played a half of that game.

Maybe we've just caught tOSU on 2 bad days, but I'm a bit skeptical now of how far they'll go this year. They're really a mirror image of us, and live and die by the three with a big man inside to get things going. With that being said though, I'm pulling for them tomorrow. I don't want there to be any more reason for them to hire Alford right now.

You can call it what you want. He aimed it rather than shot it. Tried to be too perfect. That's caused by tightening up. It's not a lot of difference from throwing a baseball or a dart. Try to guide it to it's target and it will usually miss. Relax and let it fly using your normal motion/mechanics and your chances are much better.

Wilmont played great. He just missed the last shot. C'est la Vie!

Just hurts to lose like that. It shoots down some of that momentum we've been riding the past couple weeks.

I feel we can possibly have moved ourselves into a 7 seed. We'll see; I'd just love to get out of that 8-9 matchup Bracketology has us in at the moment.

However, none of that may matter without Vaden. Has anyone heard anything on his status?

EDIT: Today's Bracketology did move us up to a 7 seed.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
Heartbreaking loss.  And you won't get me to ever say Wilmont choked. 

He didn't choke. You are exactly right. Without his play, they wouldn't have even had a shot.

And the idiots who say he did choke are well, idiots.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
Just hurts to lose like that.  It shoots down some of that momentum we've been riding the past couple weeks.

I feel we can possibly have moved ourselves into a 7 seed.  We'll see; I'd just love to get out of that 8-9 matchup Bracketology has us in at the moment.

However, none of that may matter without Vaden.  Has anyone heard anything on his status?

EDIT:  Today's Bracketology did move us up to a 7 seed.

The story on ESPN.com reported Mike Davis said Vaden would be ready to play next week, wherever they will be.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
Wilmont vs. OSU:Wilmont's last shot::Frank Thomas' 2000:Frank Thomas in the '00 Playoffs

Why do you want to provoke people?

I would tell you to go f*** off, but it's just not worth it.