Steff

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
LOL.

KINDA SORTA A SPOILER BELOW

I heard 1 killing, 1 suicide and 1 "oh my God is he dead...?" in the first episode alone.

:ph34r:

I'm going out on a limb and sayin'...he ain't dead.

Good way to kick off the year. What is the name of the guy who killed himself. That was the most he was ever in an episode...and now...HE GONE!

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)

^^^^

My thoughts exactly. But shocking nonetheless. :huh:

Boy, are we all in for a ride this season.

Edited by robinventura23

Good way to kick off the year.  What is the name of the guy who killed himself.  That was the most he was ever in an episode...and now...HE GONE!

Didn't they show Tony handing bread to Julianne Margulies's character in that little thing they did to open the show?

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
Didn't they show Tony handing bread to Julianne Margulies's character in that little thing they did to open the show?

He was handing her his sausage...yeah, he'll be bada bing, bada bangin' her this year.

The dude that hung himself, he was just written on the show this episode, right? I don't remember seeing him before.

Nice editing, "When am I ever gonna catch a break." Than the old rat dies i n the FBI ladies car.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
No, I am almost positive he has been floating around before.

Wow, was a season kick off.

Ya, he was usually in the scenes where they sit around the construction yard talking up sports and everything else.

Great episode though. And I don't think he's dead.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 07:09 AM)
His name's Eugene Pontecorvo, he's been around for a bit now.  I heard about a year ago in an e-mail he sent in reply to fan mail saying he was going to have a big first episode.  That was dead on.

Fine, he had one big episode. But the real test is whether he can follow it up with another.

SPOILER WARNING!!

First, I thought last night was awesome!!

Moving on to Tony...

(My post is in white, so you have to highlight it to read it. I don't want to spoil anything for everyone)

The rest of this season will not be a dream from his coma. But the next episode might be.

From what I heard, Tony will survive (though I don't think will surprise anyone) but the coma allows the writers one episode to explore Tony's mind from the inside. Supposedly, an episode will focus on Tony's family if he never got involved in the mob and was a regular businessman. This, of course, will be a dream but it gives the writers an opportuniy to explore an emotional avenue of Tony we've never seen before now.

If this may seem odd, please remember "The Sopranos" is famous for it's depictions of the dreams and visions that haunt it's main characters.

Also, in future episodes Christopher is looking to get back into the movie biz.

Ben Kingsley will be playing himself (maybe in the same episode)

and...

MAJOR LEAGUE SPOILER!!!!

Phil Leotardo will whack someone from Tony's crew...we are talking a MAJOR character. (could be Silvio, Paulie or Chris)

Edited by RibbieRubarb

Good way to kick off the year.  What is the name of the guy who killed himself.  That was the most he was ever in an episode...and now...HE GONE!

I saw the second episode last night. He's not dead.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 08:54 AM)
Wow, now THAT was a twist.  They did a good job of setting it up too, so you were shocked, but not too surprised at the sametime... I wonder what Tony thinks of Assisted Living now?

ITS NOT ASSISTED LIVING....ITS A NURSING HOME!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
I really enjoyed how they showed Tony and his life if the mob was not there.

Very well done episode. I do however hope Tony comes out of this thing in the next few episodes. Tony Soprano is too good of a character not to have around.

I did also. And I think they did it well, for those that pay attention anyway. Charmaine on the other end of the phone as Tony's wife was a pretty cool tie in to the past.

And don't worry, he'll be back soon. But in the mean time things look to get explosive. :o