Preseason Baseball-White Sox v. Angels Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
so at this point, we could easily make the final lineup.

Borch with the final OF spot.  Lopez with the Loogy role.  Roster set.  Lets go.

I'd say its pretty much set. They seem pretty set on Borchard being the final outfielder, and it appears that Lopez has all but cinched his spot. Nice luxury to have the roster set...with a little more than 3 weeks left till the season starts. I think we now keep our fingers crossed for everybody to stay healthy.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
now 5-zip Canada.  Leiter in to pitch, gives up 2-run single.

It says so much about the WBC that the U.S. has to use Al Leiter on its pitching staff. Don't like 300 pitchers have to say no before you get to Al Leiter?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
And a guy with the greatest baseball name ever - Stubby Clapp - plays for Canada.

stubby played in the northern league last year for one of the canadian teams. i always laughed everytime he was at bat

Broadway was atrocious earlier. Without a major league fastball, superb location, deceptive delivery, or a variety of pitches, he's pitching fodder. I don't care if this is his first season pitching in the minors. If he continues with what he has, we can't expect much. This is ultimately why I despise drafting soft tossing pitchers. Your Mark Buehlres are rarer than your Curt Schillings. How many quality starting pitchers (labeled #1,2,3 in rotation) are present across baseball whom consistently throw below 90?

I'll just envision Broadway as a bust (as I do all minor leaguers), and if he breaks our rotation in the future in the 4th/5th spot, it should be considered a monumental success. It would likely mean he improved his pitching peripherals dramatically.

Edited by Flash Tizzle